Monday, April 25, 2005

Car Trouble

To put this in perspective; A few years ago car trouble was figuring out how I was going to get to work because neither of my cars was working and I couldn't get a hold of any of my friends.

Today I went to my local Ford dealership. I had been waiting until I got to a point monetarily, where I was comfortable ordering a 2005 Mustang GT. When I showed up and sat in a V6 model, turned it on and messed around with a few of the options, I was more in love with the car then when I first saw pictures of it 2 years ago. I asked the salesman about ordering one and how much time I had. He told me that if I wanted a 2005 model I would have to buy off the lot or wait for their net shipment(which would be their last of the 05 model) to see if anyone canceled their GT order. I nearly cried. Since I have gotten divorced, and it suddenly became possible for me to afford my current dream car(Thanks Jenn), I have been preparing to buy it for months. Now I can not get a hold of an 05. Good news is the 06 model will look the same, probably just a few new options and colors. Oh well, sure is nice to have this sort of car trouble.

4 Comments:

Blogger duff said...

wait- you got divorced and now you can afford a new car? i thought that 99% of the time a divorce meant shelling out more money (alimony and whatnot).

that's it- i wanna get divorced, so i too, can afford a new sports car.

crap- guess that means i have to get married first.

7:19 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

c: I am inclined to agree with you.

d: I have to say that uncontested divorces are the way to go. I even got my cat (it hated my ex). I still can't figure out where all that extra money was going though.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

c: When you say 2 incomes what do you mean? My ex, as smart as she is, has no concept of making a living. Therefore, it was on my shoulders.

My marriage was like my mullet. When I had it, I thought it was the best thing in the world. Now that it is gone, I realize how shitty it really was.

11:24 AM  
Blogger duff said...

wow- i think that's the first time the word "mullet" has ever appeared on a blog. or maybe just the ones i've read.....not counting the ones in languages i can't read. (i have no idea what "mullet" looks like in japanese.)

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home