Sunday, May 01, 2005

My cat is on crack. She won't share.

I have been off work this weekend, which is a very rare thing. The weekends are very busy in my profession. I was looking forward to staying out late and sleeping in. Since my cat is used to me getting up in the wee hours of the morning, she has stood over me the last two mornings at about 5 a.m. and started meowing. Now, when I say meowing, my cat has never produced a normal "meow" in her life. They are either extremely loud or she opens her mouth and no sound comes out at all. You can guess which type they were at 5 a.m. Well, as soon as I woke up and tried to pet her she would start running around the room playing with anything that struck her fancy. At this point I would try to fall asleep. My cat would realize this and jump right back up on the bed and start yelling at me again. Here I am, sleep deprived and typing this while my cat, well, she is sleeping on my bed. It just doesn't seem fair. Oh well, I'm sure I will have another weekend off sometime this year.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

She's just like those hyper, sugar-crazed kids that run around yelling, "Look what I can do! Look what I can do! LOOK AT ME!!!"

Your cat's just lucky she's so damn cute.

Oh, and she owes me $500. I can't just keep supplying her with this stuff. "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for some crack today..." I'm starting to think she's full of shit, man...

7:15 AM  
Blogger Last Girl On Earth said...

Larry, I swear we must have the same cat! Only I shut them out at night or we would be woken up every morning with the 2 of them playing. But usually, one of them will start screaming at me outside of the door if I sleep too late. Little shits! (But you gotta love 'em!)

Hey, you've got a fun place over here. I need to catch up. Glad we founf each other. I'll be back soon.

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home