Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Almost There...And, I'm It.

So, this is my 99th post on this blog. When I started I thought for sure there would only be a few readers at best and those would be my family and friends from the area. Boy was I wrong. I had something descently special in mind for a 100th post but don't know if I will get what I need in time. However, the next couple of days are going to be pretty busy, and I am going to leave town for a day or two Saturday night when I get off work. So, I may not post again until Monday evening, anyway. I will try to do something special for it because I never thought I was going to get here and I never thought I would "meet" so many people doing this.

Now, on to my next piece of business(hehe, sorry Erika, it had to be done.). KR has tagged me. It is very similar to the 10 songs only it is 5 and I have had a few changes since my last time around so here goes.

1) System of a Down-Questions. They keep putting out great stuff and are quickly working their way up my list of favorites.
2)Rise Against-Swing Life Away. Can't help lovin this song.
3)Gorillaz-Feel Good Inc. I love the Gorillaz, and when this song came out I was okay with it but in the last few days it has really grown on me. I highly reccomend their first CD although, realistically, it is not for everyone.
4)Killers-All These Things That I Have Done. I have had this CD for almost a year. One of the best purchases I have made in years. The songs never get old.
5)Mighty Mighty Bosstones-Someday I Suppose. I know, it is an old one. I heard it today and can't get it out of my head. I wonder whatever happened to Dicky Barrett and the boys. I really need to add a few of their CDs to my collection, I just never think of them when I am out buying.

Until next time. I hope to be able to at least keep up on all of your blogs the rest of the week. However, forgive me if I am absent.

15 Comments:

Blogger D said...

wow, almost 100! someday I'll get there too! :-) Where are you going this weekend...since...ya know...a bunch of us have to follow you around and take pictures. ;-)

9:21 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Ltlme, I am going to the sticks(my dad's, if you haven't been reading me long enough to know), for a day, and then hopefully to see my nephew. If I can get there, too.

Joe, what is keeping you.

1:18 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

I just heard that Killers song today on MuchMusic (our version of MTV) it was very cool.

6:07 AM  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Oh wow reading this made me wonder how many I've done. 119. Didn't even realize it. lol

Have a good time on the weekend!!

8:57 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

Ah, I just bought The Killers Limited Edition which has the unreleased in the US songs that I heard at their STL show. Totally bought it.

And I bought Missy Higgins which rocks my socks.

And you have me thinking about music and so now I'm gonna play some.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Erika said...

Larry, your always welcome to discuss my buisnass.

8:30 AM  
Blogger duff said...

"someday i suppose"? love that song......

they have a couple others i like, but i'm afraid i'm not quite awake enough to think of titles right now......

4:18 AM  
Blogger DJJD said...

Larry,
Nothing to do with your blog but I know how much you like monkeys. This is funny.

http://www.linkworld.ws/funny/monkey/

11:11 AM  
Blogger tiffkindred said...

Love the Killers! Hope you had a nice time at your dad's! You will be missed! :) ...Ox...t

8:48 PM  
Blogger -G.D. said...

Surprisingly good tast in music.

10:49 PM  
Blogger D said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

Larry, dude, where are you? I've been gone for a week and there's no posts? Or is this browser not picking them up?

11:22 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

MD III, Thanks.

P-Shag, I love the Killers.

Dani, I am "moving right along." Another Kermit song I believe.

Jess, I didn't even know it existed. Damn Brits get all the good music first.

Erika, I just wanted to give credit where credit is due. :)

Dougie, I love the monkey. I spanked it at 324 mph.

Tiffany, I will repeat, I love the Killers. I hope they put out a second album as good as the first. I had a great time at my Dad's, as always, and will post pics probably on Sunday. I finally have a day off and nothing to do.

MarMan, the Pumpkins come very close to making my favorites list and should have been an honorable mention on my earlier one.

GD, was that a compliment? I like what I like. "The heart wants what the heart wants."

Big Joe, I will post soon brother.

P-Shag, I have been so busy I don't spend too much time online when I finally get home. Today I finally had a few extra minutes before I go out tonight and work all day tomorrow. I will post on Sunday. Probably more than once.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

She has been very busy moving and that is also one of the reasons I have not had very much spare time.

2:15 PM  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Look again! You are NOT free!!

You are MINE

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home