Thursday, August 11, 2005

Okay Brad, Let The Losing Begin

I have had a great last few weeks. I bought a new car, won a trip to Vegas, had possibly the best weekend of my young life in Vegas, and a few days ago, finalized my plans for my yearly ski trip-with my dad, stepmom and youngest brother Brad a.k.a. Nickleplate-to Steamboat, CO, in January.

Last night Brad asked me if I would help him be accountable on a diet, by dieting with him. As I am about 30 pounds over a decent weight for myself, I did not hesitate to say yes. I mean, we both have to be in good physical condition for the ski bunnies that frequent the hot tub at the condo. I think it will be easier for me to lose the weight because my lil' brudda is actually in pretty good shape, is active and really doesn't carry a lot of extra fat, however, he also has a target weight in mind for himself. We are both shooting for a loss of 25 pounds. I could stand to go about 10-15 more than that, but I choose not to be too greedy. If I can get to 25 down, I can lose the rest from there.

Good luck, Brad.

You all will be able to moniter my progress on my sidebar, as long as I can figure out how to work the ticker.

8 Comments:

Blogger D said...

Good luck with it. I know you'll lose the weight!
I'll probably gain what you lose now that I don't have my smokes to suck down anymore. (god i hope that's not the case)

3:26 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Ltlme, I recommend gum.

MD III, that pizza, beer and ice-cream diet doesn't sound very promising.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

But the math! The math says it should work! See? Math is WRONG and it LIES and we DON'T NEED IT! (I hate math).

3:58 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

P-shag, I think my main problem is portions and exercise.

Big Joe, when are we joining a gym and what days are good for you for workin out? BTW, how'd the dentist thing go today?

5:51 PM  
Blogger tiffkindred said...

Good Luck!

7:50 PM  
Blogger Ren said...

good luck, Larry... If it helps, you can visit my Bike and Run Project as I myself prepare for the Baltimore Marathon.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Kay Ray said...

I think thats great!! Good luck!!! Congrats on the new car!! What cha get?

11:03 AM  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Go wakeboarding! Sure fire way to lose weight. ;)

Good luck!!!

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home