Monday, August 15, 2005

One Week

Well, it took exactly one week for me to finally come down off my cloud and return to real life. I managed to work every day last week. Went without electricity from Saturday afternoon until this morning at about 8 a.m. and went to get my car licensed today and found out that the dealership did not give me the proper paperwork and now I have to wait until the end of the month because it is going to take them that long to get the proper paperwork for me. I avoid the license center at the beginning/end of the month because it is a madhouse. Now I have no choice. I got to the rink where I was going to be playing hockey this evening and the power was still out there. I knew my good luck wouldn't last.

At least I am still employed, which, I thought I might not be as of now and my January ski trip is planned, so I have that to look forward to. I have also recieved several phone calls from a woman I met in Vegas(I don't know if she is dating material, but, hell she lives in Vegas, so I really don't have to worry about that. I guess as long as we are both interested, trips out there can be a little more fun) and reconnected with a friend I haven't spoken with in almost a year, so things aren't all piss and vinegar around here, just heading back to average. I miss spectacular, average is going to be a let down for a while. If it weren't for my online conversations today, Monday would have pretty much sucked. Thank you to the wacky Canucks(you know who you are) for keeping me entertained.

7 Comments:

Blogger Larry said...

I didn't notice, but I spent a bit of time in the Skins lounge and a bit more at a premiere and party where I think the only kids were the actors from the movie. Try the Palms it definitely seemed more adult and is off the strip a bit.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

Gee, let me tune up my tiny violin to play it for you with your "average" week...

Seriously, though, that sucks that the damn car company doesn't have their shit together. Bastards.

(And you might try the license bureau in Ferguson when it first opens -- I went there at the end of June, and it was fine.)

4:59 PM  
Blogger D said...

woohoo, you got blog spam! what's sad is that the above's not even subtle.
Yeah, it took me about a week to get back into the swing of things after my vacation. If I had the money and the time, I'd be back in Ireland in a heartbeat. Look at it this way, you know that in January you have a ski trip.
I have yet to get my photos developed, but I know when I do, I'll be able to relive my memories in little segments and will always have it to look back on. As mundane as the normal life can be, it's good to have the experience of wonderful vactations to reflect upon as well as future vacations to come.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Big big storm lasted about 10 minutes, but was about the worst storm in a long time. It could be a lot worse. It looks like i will get the paperwork in time to at least not be late with it, nut, just wanted to get it done early. Life doesn't suck it is just getting back to normal. Something, I want to stay away from now that I have tasted good luck.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Kay Ray said...

average makes the spectaular life feel spectaular when spectacular time happens :) BAHHAHAHH.. tounge twister HA HA HA

10:01 AM  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Thats retarded that you have to wait so long for the information. When I bought my car it was all done really fast. When they got part of the paperwork wrong it was within the hour that they fixed it.

:D Happy to help!

11:31 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

KR, I guess if you choose to look at it that way.

Dani, thanks for the help.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home