Tuesday, October 03, 2006

U is for Unhealthy

For the last 5-6 years of my life I have been living a very unhealthy lifestyle, with a lot of fast food and a horrible schedule for eating. Thank God, for hockey, otherwise I would be too far gone. Since I started my new job, I have been able to modify my eating habits. I cut back on portions, eat at regular times, and get plenty of exercise, as I walk about 5-7 miles daily while working. I started running this weekend and as of last night I can go about 15 minutes without stop. However, that is at a 9-10 minute mile pace. I want to get down to a 6-7 minute mile pace and be able to run for 1 hour. Wish me luck. I want to be at that pace by January.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

Are you running outdoors, or on the treadmill in the basement? Just curious.

With your determination, I know you'll get it done.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Good luck! Sounds like you're doing great so far!!

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home