Thursday, October 05, 2006

W is for Wondering

I found myself wondering where some of the residents, living at the facility where I work, come from. Or, more to the point, who they were and how they got there. I deliver stuff to some of the residents on a regular basis and am in the vicinity of their rooms even more. I see family and friends coming in to visit a lot of the rehab patients(they are only at the facility for rehab and then are gone). Some friends and family visit other regular patients. But, there are a few that get no visits at all. Most of them can’t talk or don’t. I wouldn’t ask them questions other than the standard, “How are you?” even if I thought they would answer me. I think that would be presumptuous. I say “Hi” and some of them nod. One even tries to talk to me, but it comes out completely incoherent. They all seem nice. Although, that could be because they can’t get up and it is too hard for them to be menacing on such short notice.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

I would imagine that it would be hard to continue working at a place like that, year after year, seeing so many people come and go.

I don't think I could handle it.

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home