Thursday, June 30, 2005

Getting to Know Me, Getting to Know All About Me

Name: Larry
Nickname: Elvis, Dirty Sanchez, A few I will not mention and need to remain nonpublished(Roy, and any of my other friends or family who comment here, leave it alone please)
Astrological sign: Scorpio
Age: 27
Height: 5'9"
Weight: I could stand to convert 20 pounds to muscle
Occupation: Professional Stalker
Birthplace: Christian NW, Florissant, MO (Where all the really cool kids are born.)
Marital status: Shackles have been removed
How many children: Joe, I may say it to you but I will not put it in print, because, I don't want to have to support them.
Do you drink (alcohol): If you see me doing this take a picture cuz it has only happened a few times
Do you smoke: No
Favorite outdoor activities: Snow Skiing, Swimming, Walking(in cities)
Favorite indoor activities: watching movies, reading, playing hockey, blogging
Favorite colors: blue, green, orange
Favorite type of music: Any type of rock, mainly mellow stuff
Favorite musical groups/performers: Tool, Radiohead, Pink Floyd, Dave Matthews Band, The Killers, They Might Be Giants
Favorite song at the moment: "Honest Mistake" by The Bravery and "Rain, 2005 Remix" by Breaking Benjamin
Favorite song of all time: These go by mood TOOL, "Sober" DMB, "Satellite" Pink Floyd, "Final Cut" Billy Joel, "She's Always a Woman"
Favorite current song, alternative: "Honest Mistake" The Bravery
Favorite current song, non-alternative: "Caught Up" Usher
Song that never fails to put me into a good mood: "Birdhouse in Your Soul" They Might Be Giants
Should the song above fail, I'll play: "A Lapdance is So Much Better When the Stripper is Cryin'" Bloodhound Gang
What's in your home CD/Cassette player right now: "Fizzy Fuzzy Big and Buzzy" The Refreshments
What's in you car CD/Cassette player right now: Satan inhabits my car stereo
Do you play an instrument: Not even if my life depended on it.
What kind of guitar do you play: None
Have you ever gone skinny-dipping: Slightly
As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up: A police officer or a pilot
What would be your dream job now: Lottery Winner
Have you ever been convicted of a crime: Nope.
Places you'd most like to visit: Alaska, San Francisco(Again), Los Angeles, Toronto, Australia, Ireland, Scotland, Montana, Vancouver, Austria, Germany, Sweden, Patagonia, The Rift Valley, Hawaii
Your first car: 1982 Plymouth Deathtrap. Yep, the one the Steph inherited from me after I beat it to shit.
Dream car: 1966 AC Cobra
Car you drive now: 2002 Ford Windstar. I hope to change that soon with the addition of a 2006 Mustang GT.
Favorite season: Winter. Hockey, Snow Skiing, Snow, Ice, Cold Weather.
Favorite holiday: Christmas. I always get to see most of my immediate family and have fun spending time with them.
Favorite hobbies: Playing Hockey, Blogging, Reading, Playing bar games(billiards, darts, fusball, shuffleboard)
Favorite sport to play: Hockey
Favorite sport to watch: Hockey, then just about anything will keep my interest for a bit.
Least favorite sport to watch: Haven't found one I can't watch
Most humiliating moment: Sitting outside the East Terminal at Lambert Airport, sobbing uncontrollably, waiting to be picked up so I could confront my ex-wife and end our marriage.
Do you have any siblings: 1 older brother, 1 older(barely) step-sister, 1 younger step-brother, 1 younger half-brother. I consider them all my brothers and sister, but, for the sake of this questionaire, I figured I would break it down for y'all.
Do you get along with your parents: Can tell all four of them anything.
Favorite place to chill: Ice Zone
Favorite place to visit: Philly, Steamboat CO, San Francisco
What is your bad time of day: When I have to wake up to an alarm.
What is your good time of day: Any time nothing is going wrong.
Favorite flower/plant: Venus Fly Trap. Any plant that actually digests its food is cool.
Favorite subject in school: In highschool, history. In college, sociology/anthropology courses
Least favorite subject in school: Math. I wished I liked it cuz I was good at it.
Favorite authors: Caleb Carr, Larry Baker, H.P. Lovecraft, Daniel Silva, Poe, R.A. Salvatore
Favorite book genre: Murder Mysteries, Spy Thrillers, Horror(Poe-Lovecraft type, not King type)
Favorite book: "The Flamingo Rising" Larry Baker
Current book I'm reading: "Chasing the Dime", Michael Connelly
Favorite magazine: National Geographic, Maxim
Favorite movie of all time: There are too many to list(see below)
Other favorite movies: Super Troopers, The Usual Suspects, Goonies, Pirates of the Carribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Youngblood, Slapshot, Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, Star Wars Trilogy(original), Wizards, Real Genius, most James Bond flicks
Favorite actors/actresses: Kevin Spacey, Sean Connery, Hugh Grant, Julia Roberts, Charlize Theron, Salma Hayek, Renee Zelwegger
Favorite cartoon character: Meatwad, Any Simpsons character, Optimus Prime, Ren(Pirates of Dark Water), Arj and Poopy
Favorite food: Lasagnia
Chocolate or Vanilla: Ben and Jerry's Phish Food or Rocky Road when Phish Food is unavailable
Favorite alcoholic drink: Shots(other than whiskey or tequilla)
What is your bedtime: Varied
Worst enemies: Smartasses.
Interesting fact about your childhood: I almost went blind in my left eye after being hit by a rock playing street hockey.
The first thing you think of in the morning: Shit. What time is it?
Favorite thing to do when you're home alone: Watch movies, Blog, Sleep
Things that make you feel good: Spending time with friends, playing hockey, not struggling
Things you don't like: anchovies, waking up to an alarm, my ex-wife, hot days in the back of a van
Worst feeling in the world: Feeling used
Scariest feeling in the world: Utter silence, Loneliness
Best feeling in the world: Friendship, Love
Do you get motion sickness: On very rare occasions.
Roller Coasters - Deadly or Exciting: Exciting.
Thunderstorms - Cool or Scary: Relaxing, as long as the lightning isn't hitting right where I am.
Pen or Pencil: Pen.
Do you like to drive: When I am not working, I do.
Do you sleep with stuffed animals: No, but I have a real one that likes to curl up next to me.
Did you have imaginary friends or a blanket as a child: Yes, I had a blanket.
What words or phrases do you overuse: The "mother of all curse words" and brilliant(damn guiness comercials)
Coolest things anyone ever gave you: Head.(the little green one you sicko)
How would you characterize your political leanings: Middle of the road
If you could pick one super-human power, what would you choose: Flight.
Favorite Quotes/Lyrics/Poems:

Max: Fritz! Fritz, get up for God's sake! Get up! They've killed Fritz! They've killed Fritz! Those lousy stinking yellow fairies! Those horrible atrocity-filled vermin! Those despicable animal warmongers! They've killed Fritz! Take that! Take this! Take that, you green slime! You black hearted, short, bow-legged...

Fritz: Max! Max, I'm okay! I'm okay max. Just a scratch. Look I'm all right.

Max: Oh. Oh, damn. There you go again, stepping on my lines, raining on my parade, costing me medals. Oh, damn.
[Accidentally shoots Fritz]

Max: Ohh. Oh, Fritz? Fritz, get up for God's sake! Get up! They've killed Fritz! They've killed Fritz! Those lousy stinking yellow fairies! Those horrible atrocity-filled vermin! Take that! Take that! They killed Fritz!

-----Scene from the movie "Wizards"


Farva: Just cleaning out the old locker, she stinks like ass but I'll sure miss her... I guess you could say that about all my girls.

-----Scene from "Super Troopers"


Arthur Herk: [making an opinion on who might have shot his TV] I'll tell you who did it. It's probably some goddamn kids. 'Cause these goddamn kids today, they all got goddamn guns, and they're all sniffing glue!

Officer Monica Romero: Any additional insights, Mr. Herk? Any information can help us to protect you.

Arthur Herk: I seriously doubt that you or any other member of the police force in this town could protect their own dicks with both hands.

Officer Monica Romero: Thank you for that observation.

Officer Monica Romero: I'm not gonna arrest you, Matt, unless Mrs. Herk wants to press charges.

Anna Herk: Hey, kids.

Arthur Herk: I want to press charges! Cuff him!

Officer Monica Romero: My hands are kind of full right now, what with holding my dick and all.

-----Scene from "Big Trouble"


There's a kid who had a big hallucination
Making love to girls in magazines.
He wonders if you're sleeping with your new found faith.
Could anybody love him
Or is it just a crazy dream?

And if I show you my dark side
Will you still hold me tonight?
And if I open my heart to you
And show you my weak side
What would you do?
Would you sell your story to Rolling Stone?
Would you take the children away
And leave me alone?
And smile in reassurance
As you whisper down the phone?
Would you send me packing?
Or would you take me home?

-----Lyrics from Pink Floyd "The Final Cut"


Lo! 'tis a gala night
Within the lonesome latter years.
An angel throng, bewinged, bedight
In veils, and drowned in tears,
Sit in a theatre to see
A play of hopes and fears
While the orchestra breathes fitfully
The music of the spheres.

Mimes, in the form of God on high,
Mutter and mumble low,
And hither and thither fly;
Mere puppets they, who come and go
At bidding of vast formless things
That shift the scenery to and fro,
Flapping from out their condor wings
Invisible Woe.

That motley drama--oh, be sure
It shall not be forgot!
With its Phantom chased for evermore
By a crowd that seize it not,
Through a circle that ever returneth in
To the self-same spot;
And much of Madness, and more of Sin,
And Horror the soul of the plot.

But see amid the mimic rout
A crawling shape intrude:
A blood-red thing that writhes from out
The scenic solitude!
It writhes--it writhes!--with mortal pangs
The mimes become its food,
And seraphs sob at vermin fangs
In human gore imbued.

Out--out are the lights--out all!
And over each quivering form
The curtain, a funeral pall,
Comes down with the rush of a storm,
While the angels, all pallid and wan,
Uprising, unveiling, affirm
That the play is the tragedy, ``Man,''
And the hero, the Conqueror Worm.

-----"The Conqueror Worm" Edgar Allen Poe

30 Comments:

Blogger Kal said...

Tool's video for sober is one of the most fascinating and creepy things I've ever seen on TV. Definitely a keeper song.

2:13 AM  
Blogger Mossy Stone said...

dllc: I've sometimes seen the women's response as, "Do you sleep with stuffed animals? Only if I feed him too much before bed."

11:29 AM  
Blogger Danikabur said...

I can't believe my city isn't in the list of places to visit!! I'm insulted!

*puts in a corner*

2:41 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

Danika, you live in Edmonton. It's not exactly high on the tourism list - not even with the Worst Edmonton Mall.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Kal: Just about everything Tool does is creepy on some level.

Jen: I got it from Kal, Duff and the Steph, I just forgot to give them credit. So, steal away.

Mossy & Jen: I wasn't thinking along those lines when I put that in there, it's my cat, but hell, even that can be turned into something dirty.

Dani: Sorry for the oversight. I really want to see all of Canada, but, realistically Toronto(Hockey HOF) and Vancouver(supposed to be one of the coolest cities on the planet) are the two places I want to see first.

Penny: Insult to injury. tsk tsk. ;)

3:51 PM  
Blogger Erika said...

That most 'humiliating moment' is the one of the saddest things I've ever heard.
Thinking about stealing this too.

5:07 PM  
Blogger D said...

I think I'll use this on one of my non creative days.

7:50 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Erika: That was the worst feeling I ever had. The fact that all those people were sitting there staring at me and I couldn't say or do anything but cry made it humiliating.

ltlme: That is what I did.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Nickelplate said...

Lar- about the ex-wife (subsitute "wife" with "whore" where appropriate), I still don't understand why there wasn't killing involved. It's bad enough that she is a whore, but she made you cry in public, that's grounds for killing by itself. I hope that one day I'll convince you to go with what i call my "Ultimate Solution."

Penny Shagwell- Nice pic, It makes you look really hott.

11:21 PM  
Blogger Erika said...

I don't know either of you really, (Larry or the ex-wife), but after that, I'm with Nickelplate, she deserves to die.
I've only cryed 3 times in session, but if we were in session, I might have lost it. (In my defense though, only if you started crying first). Damn that's just really sad!

6:49 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

Larry & Danika: I'm humbled - didn't meant to add insult to injury - sawry. I would say, though, that the only reason you need to visit Edmonton would be to meet up with Danika.

Nickle: thanks.

As for ex-spouses, I'd say they all deserve to die, but since I am one...(though not a nasty, cruel, viscious or whore one).

7:11 AM  
Blogger Mossy Stone said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:12 AM  
Blogger Mossy Stone said...

Dani: I'm sure Larry would love to visit Edmonton, but he can't exactly come out and say that you're his sole reason for visiting, can he?

7:14 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

Sure he could! Don't think she'd mind that at all!

11:43 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

btw - Other than the Billy Joel song, I didn't recognize any of your selections.

I feel too fucking old.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

This was nice, got to learn a lot about you. I think I may snag it too if you don't mind.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Brad: The crying in public wasn't the really jumiliating part. It was all those looks of pity(I don't mind sympathy, pity I loath)

Erika: I only cried then cuz I was lost and used and hurt and had no idea what I was going to do with myself or my life. Now I realize it is one of the best things that could have happened.

P-Shag & Callie: I just can't come out and say it. I'm shy, and that seems a bit forward.

Mossy: Exactly

Callie: I forgive you. ;)

Alex: go for it I got it from quite a few people(Kal, Duff, Steph)

5:17 PM  
Blogger lowk said...

Larry, you can tell dani you wanna visit her. Hell, if I was single I would'nt wait as long as you have. Believe me. Being shy is sweet in grade school, but as a man it sucks. Ya snooze, ya loose. She is definately a keeper.

8:31 AM  
Blogger duff said...

sounds like lowk is getting all "chuck woolery" on us.....

10:32 AM  
Blogger Erika said...

Larry did you sing the post title when you typed it? Just wondering.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

lowk: If it's not meant to be...

duff: welcome back

erika: Of course.

stc: it's all yours

10:30 PM  
Blogger duff said...

i haven't seen "the conqueror worm" before.....but i dig it. (no pun intended....well, maybe a little one)

i've always been a poe fan, though. "el dorado" is my favorite of his poems.

7:17 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

I love this one, annabel lee, and of course the raven. I also love his stories.

having lived in baltimore, isn't it required to love poe?

1:24 PM  
Blogger duff said...

pretty much. we even went to a performance of his works in downtown baltimore (in honor of his birthday) when we were younger......

i wrote countless papers on poe in college.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

But have you ever seen poe's home in Philly?

4:45 PM  
Blogger duff said...

nope- volunteering to take me on a tour?

8:51 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Sure, I never did anything but drive by, but, next time I'm in Philly I'll let you know.

9:06 PM  
Blogger duff said...

whoa- in that case, happy belated father's day, larry.

*snickering*

7:50 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

Pammy: when did you have a kid? With who? And don't you already call me Daddy?

Duff: Thanks. :P

12:54 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Pammy, I have been waiting for you to join the blogosphere.

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home