Friday, June 24, 2005

What Do You Know, More Yokels

Sometimes, there are weeks at a time that I go without having to leave the friendly and crowded confines of suburbia/city life. This week has not been one of them. Today I was in another state in another East Jesus and had to deal with a few more yokels. Let me start this short narrative by stating that I knew exactly how my day was going to go when I drove into the little town that I was going to be working in and the first building I saw...auto repair shop/bait shop followed by several churches and a small cafe. When that is all there is I know it is going to be a redneck filled day.

As an investigator I sometimes have to do what is called pretext work(generally just to find out if the person is home, but, I have a phone call pretext that will get me extra info most of the time). I call my subject doing a survey of sorts, the person sounded a lot like the yokel who watched me change my tire and did not understand very simple words and terms. Ugh. I followed this subject to the cafe sat down surrounded by these simple folk. Thank God, tomorrow I am back in the suburbs. I don't know if I can take much more backwoods fun for a bit.

19 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Have you ever had work a redneck chick? Cuz sometimes they are hot, like a diamond in the rough.

10:18 PM  
Blogger Callie said...

Rough? Rough is right. They scare me.

11:33 PM  
Blogger duff said...

one of those redneck chicks would probably break poor larry.

6:10 AM  
Blogger Erika said...

Larry a link for your hasselhoff love: http://www.ifilm.com/filmdetail?ifilmid=2433520&htv=12&htv=12&htv=12
sorry I don't know how to make it a real link either.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

There's a Quiznos commercial featuring that creepy talking baby on TV right now. I just wanted to share that.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

I have heard tell of hot redneck women. I don't believe they truly exist.

Duff, i can take it.

Erika I will check that link out in a bit and get back to you.

digi, Tankfully I have not seen that one. After look who's talking, talking baby's were ruined for me(thanks bruce)

10:29 AM  
Blogger duff said...

creepy talking baby? i'm so glad i have no idea what commercial you're talking about.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Joe said...

Jean Nate? That's still on the market?

2:28 PM  
Blogger Erika said...

Hey, hey, hey I graduated from LSU, the SEC school, careful there.
(hiding my Jean Nate as I type)

4:03 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

I have absolutely no idea what Jean Nate is.

Joe, I think I am not qualified to answer that one.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Erika said...

Jean Nate was a really cheap perfume product popular with teen aged girls in the late 80's. I think it even came in a spray can. Hysterical.
DimLights: what SEC school, I need to know how much I hate you. lol.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Erika said...

Then we can still talk, just not about basketball!

4:49 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

good cuz basketball sucks and will not be tolerated on this blog. :D

5:01 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

No just a masochist. I enjoy sports like hockey and lacrosse where people can cause damage with sticks and fast hard rubber projectiles.

10:05 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

and I will make an exception for just you two ladies. Basketball will be allowed.

10:08 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

What about football? And that new hybrid sport where they play basketball with trampolines on the floor? I thought that was stupid until I saw some guy get tackled as he leapt to make a slam dunk. Dude from the other team jumped up and elbowed him right in the face SMACK!

THAT was cool.

Basketball is almost as useless as baseball. B-O-R-I-N-G

5:44 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

Okay, football is in too, just not that crappy canadian stuff. trampoline basketball is out.

If you guys had anyone other the Jays you might not feel that way aboot baseball, it's in too.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

Nah, baseball is too slow and watching it on TV is like sitting in a room listening to a bunch of old people gab on about the good old days, "You know, Bob, in 1897 the first 13 foul balls in a row were recorded...."

Snooze.

And there's nothing wrong with CFL. Nothing at all. At least, that's what Mossy tells me. :oP

5:38 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

I kid about CFL of course. I have never seen a game.

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home