Monday, June 06, 2005

An Update From Upstate

Yesterday, while driving to my case I noticed a sign for the "Salt Museum". I had no idea salt was so grand, so awe inspiring, so important that it deserved its own museum.

Today, my boss informed me I would be headed up north of Albany for the next few days. I thought to myself that this could be a great thing, becuase I will be working in the mountains and it is very pretty up there. So, if I don't get much, at least I will be able to enjoy the scenery. Then, I arrived. The world's largest bike rally, Americade 2005 is being held right near where I needed to stay. I had to drive an hour to get a hotel room and even then I paid out the ass. It was just like last year in the Poconos for a NASCAR weekend.

While catching up on my reading today, I realized there is a reoccuring cake theme throughout, little corner of the bloggerverse. First there was this little gem at Digi's place. Then there were several cake references in the comments section for Breakfast Epiphanies post over at Pop's Bucket. Last, there was this island sitting on the table at Kal's. I feel like I am getting fatter just reading these and am in need of a diet plan like Kal(that's right today you get 2 links Kal). I doubt it has anything to do with the fact that I am sitting here eating Taco Bell at 10:30 pm and will be in bed shorlty after completing my daily readings and post.

I would love to sit here and waste more of your time, but, I have to drive pretty far tomorrow morning and need to prepare. Good night, all.

Update for the Update: I never noticed the permant cake reference on Pop's side bar(2 links for you tonight, also Bucket).

4 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

A Salt Museum? Nice. Salt can be interesting. Sort of. I read Mark Kurlansky's book "Salt: A World History" and actually enjoyed it.

I feel like a complete dork now that I've admitted that.

Also, you neglected to mention that Pops has a permanent cake reference right in his sidebar. By default, I think that makes him our greatest cake lover.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Digi: I never noticed that. I guess I better link him twice, too, he might get upset. I don't want the king of asexual homosexuals mad at me.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

P.S. I think I will have to check out that title.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

Larry and DC, there's another book by the same author that is apparently quite good, "Cod: The Biography of the Fish that Changed the World".

5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home