Monday, August 29, 2005

Tired, Busy, And Not Ready To Resort To Plan B

Well, I really wanted to do something for my 100th post that would be something different for me and nice for everyone. We will have to wait for another milestone for that. I have been extremely busy the last week and a half between work, helping the Steph move and traveling to visit my family in the sticks. I get home decently late most afternoons and have paperwork to do and an extra case to work most evenings(this is not mandatory, but it helps my cause and that of the company and could end up being a productive case-and maybe a few more from the same client-if we get results, so I put in time most nights). I am in need of an entry, because, being busy I have managed to collect a few topics to post on.




Topic #1- The Steph moved(no she is not dead, but, at least as busy as me).

We managed to get all of her stuff in the place over a week ago. However, between helping her get the furniture arranged in her room and just generally hanging out(the complex she moved to is not only loaded with young, single, attractive women, but, her unit is directly across the street from a very good restaurant that I grew up eating at at least once a month when my dad would come pick my older brother and I up for his every other weekend custody. I love Balducci's). I spent Saturday night-after working all day and playing ice hockey that evening(topic #2 is coming folks)-lounging on the couch haning out with several friends and drinking. Unfortunately, I did not acheive the drunken state which was my goal, but got a bit happy and passed out on the couch.

Topic #2- Ice hockey is slowly slipping(I can't wait until work slows down later in the year).

I have managed to not play ice hockey very often over the summer because of lack of time. I play roller just about every Monday, but, my weekend ice hockey games haven't been happening because I haven't had the time to make it out. I play very few Sundays and I never make the Friday or Saturday games anymore. My buddy, the Polish Monkey invited me out to fill in for a departed teammate for a game on Saturday and another on Sunday. Turns out, I am only really lacking in my offensive skills, which I never had in the first place, so I feel better about that. I also managed to get my first penalty since coming back to organized hockey after my lengthy absence. I used to get about 2 minutes a game and have managed to make it through a league and a few spare games before I got this one. I guess I have mellowed out a bit.

Topic #3- Travel

I managed to take a day and a half trip to visit my family in southern Missouri last weekend on Sunday and Monday. On Sunday my dad and I went on a float trip on the Current River. It is a nice, clear, cold, springfed river and is deep enought that, unless you take the wrong track you never have to get out of the canoe to pull it over any rocks. There are lots of bluffs and caves along the stretch we floated and it was very relaxing and great to spend some quality time with my pappy. Here are a few picks:


This is one of the first pictures I took. I like the mist rising off the water early in the morning.


This is one of the small caves at the bottom of a bluff. My little brother tells me it is pretty muddy in there. I did not explore any caves on the trip. We passed the large one without noticing it, because it is hidden and we were too busy talking the whole time.


Every once in a while a picture turns out exactly how I want it to. This is what I got to see all day. The water is crystal clear and reflects everythin really well. When you look down into it you could see the trout and bass.

Topic #4- My brother is moving(Unfortunately I can't go help him move into his place in L.A. but, hope to visit at Thanksgiving).

My older brother is moving to L.A. in about a week and will be coming through town this week on his way to a friends wedding. Then, back through town to pick up some stuff and head out west early next week. I am excited to see him as always, but, this time he is bringing me something really, completely and totally awesome. A piece of pottery that is approximately 2300 years old from a dig he has participated on during the summer the last 3 years. I love stuff like this. If I thought I would be comfortable living in a tent, making no money, competing feverishly for the little bit of funding that exists and very rarely getting a good shower, I would have gone into archeology. I would not have gone into the Roman/Greek history part of it, as I am a huge fan of "missing link" stuff and would have tried to go the human origins route myself, but I am a Discovery Channel/National Geographic sort of guy and love all that stuff.




Sorry, if any of you are feeling neglected by my lack of or infrequent visits to your blogs and lack of posting. I will try to be better about it over the next few weeks, however, this is one of the busiest times of the year at work and I may not be as attentive as I would like to be. Hope to be back soon.

10 Comments:

Blogger Ren said...

Gosh, I missed you, Larry... Thanks for the update.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Mossy Stone said...

(for some reason this didn't post the first time)

Glad you're back, although this post really shoots some major holes in my "he was abducted for love/lust by Danikabur" theory.

5:34 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

Damn, Mossy, does this mean you're not going to come up with anymore stories about "what Dani's doing to Larry right now"? Cuz those were AWESOME. LOL. :oP

Take your time, Larry. Posting is supposed to be cathartic and fun, not required writing. :)

9:28 AM  
Blogger Mossy Stone said...

I can continue to spin the fiction, baby ;-)

10:38 AM  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Booyeah! Back to being MINE

11:47 AM  
Blogger -G.D. said...

Busy is good.

12:34 PM  
Blogger JR said...

Hey, if Dani changes her mind about wanting to hunt down her Canadian guy, make sure you swing by my blog and let me come with! :) LOL.

-Justin

1:24 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Jenni, thanks, it is good to be back.

Pammy, as long as he remembers to bring it, I will post a pic. As for the rest, he assures me it is safe to tell, but...(call me and I will fill you in, right now I just know the city name it was from)

LB, the disturbance in the force has been set right, for now.

LNF, I am glad at least one person who is reading this can share in the experience by having done it themselves. It ain't the Colorado River, but it is definitely worth floatin anyway.

Stone, you never know, it might have really happened, just the way you imagined it.

P-Shag, stop it. You know what.....happens.......when you.....guys sta..rt...talking like that.

Dani, I feel like I'm home again.

GD, yes and no, but, more yes than no.

Justin, will do. Although, I don't think it will be nessessary. If it is, I get the first shot(don't worry I will probably miss, I haven't gone shooting in over a year).

3:44 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

MD III, the river is awesome. Unfortunately, for about the last mile or so of the trip, you can hear the traffic from the highway that is about 100 yards east of the river. Thankfully you cannot see it.

6:20 PM  
Blogger Mossy Stone said...

Careful, Larry. P-Shag might just "write a story" about your abduction...

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home