Friday, January 12, 2007

Day 6

Today, I woke up expecting some fresh snow. The mountain is in dire need of some new cover. I was slightly disappointed. There was only a dusting at the base, but, there was about 4 inches up top. One of the main lifts up to teh top of the mountain broke down today. It turns out, they set up a rapelling system to get stranded riders off the lift. While sitting in the building's hot tub this evening, three of the guys in our building were telling me they had been stuck on their chair for 3 1/2 hours. They got a good story and a free lunch for their discomfort. I went out skiing with my little brother and took some pictures. However, when the good photo ops arose toward the end of the day, I was stuck with only my phone. I had dropped off my good camera at home after lunch. Here are a few really good pictures (at least they are for the type of camera) from after lunch.


This one was taken near the top of the mountain. The storm clouds were starting to roll in below us. It finally started snowing steadily near sundown.


The sun had not been completely blocked out by the clouds and there was a mist-like snow falling as we made our way down the mountain. I had already taken one picture of the ray of light cutting through the mist, when this man stopped in a perfect spot. I don't think he realized it. But, I thought it was awesome.


I took this picture one morning a near the beginning of the week. They take people up in hot air balloons on occasion. I was standing near the bottom of the mountain, but, was pretty high up, over the valley below. Normally, when I see a balloon, I am above them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

Wow. Pretty amazing pictures, especially that 2nd one! Don't you wish you could've given a copy to that guy... :)

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home