Sunday, October 29, 2006

Great Weekend/Procrastination

What a great weekend. Mine started on Thursday night. A friend from the PI job was on his way through town after graduating into the US Marshalls this week. We went out and celebrated with one of his good friends. Had some dinner and hit a strip joint. There isn't a lot of things that compare to watching the Cardinals get within one win of a world series crown while a stripper was sitting on my lap and a Cubs fan was sitting across the table completely disappointed.

I had to get up Friday morning and go to work on about 2 1/2 hours of sleep, but it was worth it. Friday night, my Redbirds won the WORLD SERIES for the first time that I can remember. They won in '82, but I don't remember that. They broke my heart in '85, '87, and '04. But, this time they pulled through. It was awesome. As an added bonus, I was on the phone with the same Cubs fan for the final out. Poor guy, had been driving through Nebraska for about 6 hours(and with the exception of the few hours out on Thursday, had been driving for 2 days straight) and couldn't get the game to come in on his radio. Then he had to hear what it sounds like to win a championship by listening to fans of his hated rivals going crazy.

Last night was the annual Halloween party. I went as a marionette. It was a very easy costume to make and it was free, as I had the string, a few dowel rods and a coat hanger sitting around the house. There were also a smart ass/dumbass(the couple whose house we were at), their dogs batman and robin(couldn't get any costumes on their cats), a stocking and stocking stuffer, spongebob and patrick, a monkey wrench, a couple of cavemen, a cowboy and cowgirl(their beagle was a horse), an oompa-loompa(new version), a woodsman, and the best costume was King Kong, complete with building and Faye Ray. I hope no one was taking pictures last night, because, if they were I don't remember and could probably be embarassed again. I got a bit wasted and passed out before it was over. This morning when I got up, I couldn't find my bright orange Chuck Taylor Converse anywhere. Turns out a few of the other guys decided to fuck with me and had hid them in the basement a few places.

Now, I am trying to get rid of my massive headache so I can study for a test on Wednesday. This one kinda worries me. I have aced the other two, but there is a formula for figuring out gross profit that is still baffling me. And, I know that if I looked at it right now my headache would increase exponentially.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

Heee! Those costumes sound great! I hope you were able to take some pictures! Glad it was a good time.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

I used stuff around the house to create my costume as well - it's amazing what you can do with a pair of random fishnets and a nose ring.

Nothing gross, I promise.

And I hear someone had a birthday?! Happy belated b-day, Larry. I owe you a celebratory beer next time I'm in your neck of the woods!

6:58 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

I'm posting again to say "Happy Birthday" since I didn't know last night... Hope it's great!! :)

2:44 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LARRY!!!!!


Love ya, hon.

Are you 30 now or just on your way downhill?

3:58 PM  
Blogger Erika said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! Hope it was great.

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home