Saturday, January 13, 2007

Day 7

Only one more day of skiing left. Today, I went out by myself for a few hours, in the morning. It is nice to get out there, just me, my mp3 player and about 4 inches of freshies up top. I got into the trees early and often. Also hit some bumps along the way. I have to get those all in before I go out skiing with the other two. My dad just isn't up for bumps or trees anymore and Brad has been having shin problems most of the week, which hasn't allowed him to be nearly as aggressive as he can be.

After lunch, Brad and I skied together for a few hours. We had some fun on one of the groomed runs. We were both skiing down at about the same pace, a very fast pace, when we hit a few rolling jumps. Thankfully, I was about 5 seconds behind him. He hit a the first jump, sailed 8 or 9 feet off the ground for about 15 feet, until he hit the second jump. At which time, he lost control, hit the ground, lost a ski and slid about 15-20 yards. I followed suit. Only, I didn't lose any skis and slid right on past him about another 10 yards. I wish we had some video because that is the longest highest jump I have landed and it would have looked really awesome, especially with the wipeout afterward. If it was for that second roll we would have been stylin'.

It's setting up to be a good day, if not a bit on the cold side, tomorrow. It has been snowing all day and there should be a bit more fresh stuff for the last day. However, it is supposed to be about -10 degrees out to start the day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

I am so glad you're having such a great time, kid. You deserve it. (Sorry - I forgot to check your blog til just now. My bad.)

Oh, and Spring's nephew is doing better. He's still got some issues, but I think the worst is over. Thanks for the good thoughts. I really and truly appreciate it.

See ya when you get home - be careful. I think you guys have one HELL of a drive ahead.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

Larry?

Did you make it home on that hell of a drive?

Where ARE you?

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home