Saturday, May 14, 2005

God Speaks To Me from Billboards and Other Observations from the Road

-Does God ever speak to you from a billboard on the side of the road? He does to me. I was driving along a highway in north Jersey when I saw a billboard saying, “How would you like it if I used your name in vain?” –GOD. I thought to myself, “Damn, if God used my name specifically that would be so cool.”

Imagine that. My sister uses a hockey player named Janne(pronounced Yan-E) Ninimma(Nee-nim-ma) as her replacement to saying “God Damnit!” because she figures Janne wouldn’t mind. I don’t think I would mind people using my name saying something like, “Larry Damnit!” Imagine someone giving me the power to damn something or someone. I don’t know if I would enjoy doing it but imagine just having the power to. That could be dangerous.

-As we were taking off from Chicago and flying over Lake Michigan, I looked down and saw most of a rainbow circling beneath me. It was very breathtaking. I wish I had a little camera so I could share it with you all. But, with my photographic abilities it probably would not have turned out anyway.

-On Friday I was out at a bar with my old neighbor and while we were waiting for a guy to pull away from the curb so we could park in his spot we watched this poor drunk soul run up onto the curb four times. My neighbor Jim was driving and said something to the effect of, “Wow that guy hit the curb with his front tire like four times. What an idiot.”(I can’t remember what he said exactly. It was a long night and I had to work this morning pretty damn early.) About 10 seconds later while pulling into the spot Jim managed to scrape his front tire up onto the curb. He has perfect timing. Although when we walked into the "Adult Entertainment" venue the first dancer we saw looked a lot like the Predator. So maybe his timing is a little off.

-My beloved Cardinals are in town for my last night up here in Philly. I will be attending the game wearing my St. Louis Scott Rolen(Former Philly) jersey. If you never hear from me again it is because everything they say about Philadelphia sports fans are true(remind me to tell you later about the NFC Championship game several years ago.). Wish me luck.

4 Comments:

Blogger DJJD said...

"LARRY DAMIT"!

Yeah, now that I say it; it does seem pretty fun. However, it is way to much power for you. You'll start abusing it and then BAM, there I go, straight to hell. Why? Just because Larry damned me! No, sorry sir no "DAMNED" power for U!

Ahh "Adult Entertainment" I started to wonder about this. If everything is bigger in Texas. Doesn't that just beg us to go check out the "Adult Entertainment" in Texas?

Good luck at the game. Go Cards! BTW, my boy just told me he liked baseball more than football. That baseball was his favorite sport. This sadden me. I mean you do you best to raise them.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

"You do the best to raise them"? The boy is a Jets fan. If that is your best, you, the wife and the kid are in some serious trouble. As soon as I get to Texas I will be sure to test your theory and get back to you.

3:04 AM  
Blogger duff said...

god seems to talk a lot from the billboards in rural south carolina. i thought i escaped the bible belt when i moved from missouri, but i was too distracted by the mountains and the beach to realize i'd landed square on the buckle.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Ah.. you know you are a true hockey fan when you know how to spell Janne Niinimaa correctly. (and pronounce it correctly as well) Boy did I miss him when he got traded!

I use my friends name in vein. I always say Damnit Machelle. I've done that for a couple years now. She loves it. LOL

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home