Friday, June 10, 2005

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. A.K.A. My Boring Week In Review

This is very sad I know, but, I can either post or sit around and watch T.V. So, here I am. So far my week has been a huge bust, no pun intended. The only item of interest has already been posted. There is only one day left to make this week a productive one and I am not holding out hope.

Last weekend I started on Saturday by following a subject around for a few hours in Buffalo, NY. I managed to follow them into a restaraunt and have lunch on the company while aquiring some videotape of them. As for the rest of the week I got nothing. The Adirondaks were nice and Saratoga was a beautiful town but I didn't get to spend any time seeing the sights.

I did manage to take out one of the new Michigan recruits to a nice dinner and try to explain to him that on these long ass road trips he has to sometimes do things like a steak dinner or go see tourist sights or he will begin to despise the trips. I hope I also managed to pull enough wool over his eyes that he doesn't bolt after he gets his first few checks(It is criminal how much they pay the new guys to give up most of their time). Unfortunately, I used up my sightseeing Friday as soon as I got into New York, and, bought the new guy dinner on Sunday night so, I pretty much got two nice dinners out of the early on this trip, too.

One thing I realized today was exactly how much I really dislike idiot drivers. There are several of you out there that can argue I am one of them, but, I have an excuse. I have to drive like a dick sometimes to get my job done and every once in a while it carries over. However, I don't take it upon myself to police others and if someone pisses me off I may just yell or give them an almost friendly wave.

Today, while driving on the thruway in a deluge I was traveling behind an individual in a brand spanking new luxury SUV(I think it was an Infinity). Well, in my rearview I saw a car rapidly approaching in the fast lane. This guy had to be doing about 90 mph in a torrential downpour. I thought to myself, "This guy is going to kill someone." So did the dick in front of me, only, they decided to do something about it. As soon the approaching vehicle got close enough to have to slam on their brakes, the Infinity driving idiot cut over and slowed down. Guess what. The vehicle that ended up slamming on their brakes and performing a slight fishtail was an unmarked state trooper. Hah! Bam, lights go on and the idiot who thought he was going to police the situation got what was coming to him. I am definitely not a perfect driver but if I don't have to be an ass to get something done I won't be. And I definitely make sure I am not going to cause an accident when I pull an asshole move while driving, cuz, keeping up with someone isn't worth anyone's life.

I know it wasn't the most lighthearted post I have had but next week I will be home and this slow creeping negativity that is taking hold of me should recede.

Callie, I hope everything goes well. Even though I haven't met you, I still can't keep myself from worrying about you and your family.

Mark, be safe on your trip.

Dani, don't put to many miles on that car.

Duff, get some rest(seems like lately you haven't been able to slow down).

Mossy & Penny, hope you guys are enjoying your mini 2nd honeymoon/football game.

Steph, thanks for keepin the kitty company, since she is probably gettin past the point of psychotic.

Everyone else thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.

11 Comments:

Blogger Nickelplate said...

Lar, If you need me to kill you, you know what to do.

Love,
Brad

8:33 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Yes, direct you toward more liberal propoganda.

Thanks, bro, I will find out about that float trip on either monday or tuesday.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Wait, what's this about Steph's kitty? I'm gonna go back and read that again.

10:02 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Yeah, alright, false alarm.

I always try to drive safely and respectfully. Of course no one else around me does, so I'm constantly giving people disapproving little head shakes.

Or to put it another way, I've suddenly become an old man.

10:05 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Funktastic: It's my kitty, yo. also, it happens to the best of us, old man.

3:12 AM  
Blogger duff said...

i had a nonstop sort of week...otherwise, there would probably have been an epic post from me each day.

i could use sleep, but i'm afraid making money takes priority- have to finance my trip north next month somehow, ya' know?

perhaps i'll crawl into bed after i get off the air at 3 today.

3:34 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

Duff: Oy vey. I have been there and feel for you. Thankfully, those weeks don't happn nearly as often for me any more.

3:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Want another cat?

8:40 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

no sir.

9:54 AM  
Blogger duff said...

can you drive safely at 75-80 mph?

if not, i may be one of those assholes.

but at least i don't clog up the passing lane or "forget" to signal.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

Sure you can. Just don't cut people off without giving them fair warning and definitely don't get in front of someone doing 90 right before they get to you.

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home