Thursday, July 07, 2005

Bad to Good

I woke up this morning at 5 a.m. feeling like ass and decided to call in to work. After I finally fell asleep I was awakened by a phone call from my poor mother. She is on vacation and probably spent the whole morning in her hotel room on the verge of tears. My brother and his girlfriend flew into London sometime today and nobody had heard from them, not her parents, our parents or the friend that they were going to stay with. The friend assured my brother's GF's mom that they should not have been anywhere near where the blasts were and he would call when he heard something. After reading reports, watching the news stations(probably the worst thing to do in these situations) and conversing with several friends for a few hours, we finally got word from his friend that they are okay and just searching for transport to get where they need to be. I always look forward to talking to my brothers and even sometimes with the Steph(:P). Now, I just want to tell them all I love them and can't wait to give them all a big hug. Steph, I will see you tonight so be prepared.

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone effected by these bombings.

3 Comments:

Blogger Danikabur said...

*HUGS* I'm happy to hear they are ok.

I understand the need to just hug them... I was in the states when 9/11 happened and I couldn't wait to get home just to hug my Dad and tell him I love him.

11:58 AM  
Blogger -G.D. said...

Glad everyone is OK, Larry.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Thanks ladies. I'm now awaiting my brother's return. I have never expeienced a feeling of anxiety like when I got the call from my mom and have never felt so relieved as when i recieved the next one.

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home