Sunday, July 03, 2005

A Good Show

Today, after work I went with a co-worker to do a little browsing at a fireworks stand. The owner of the stand gave us the tour and explained what we would get if we were to buy the higher end stuff. After our little tour my co-worker told him he wanted a good show without spending too much. The owner told him to take a 5-gallon bucket, fill the bottom with several grosses of bottle rocket and suround the rockets with sparklers. Then, light the sparklers and step back, and , he would have a big fireball followed by tons of rockets and explosions. He says to us, "It is a great show and it is cheap." Best part, the guys is missing parts of his fingers on his right hands. Hmmmmmmm.

A lesson I learned while lighting spaklers for my friends' son last night, don't use a lighter. I have never before seen a sparkler shoot anything out the top, but last night it did. I have a huge blister on the thumb that was operating the lighter. Also, for those of you who read the post about the rules of being Larry at the beginning of last month, there is now photgraphic evidence of me dancing. However, my friend took the picture with my camera and when I get around to it, it will be deleted. Hope everyone is enjoying their country's holiday(Happy late Canada Day and early 4th of July) and being safe.

9 Comments:

Blogger Callie said...

I think you should keep the picture. Just to have it as proof that you DO dance.

Bottle rockets are illegal here. Which is probably a good thing, since we live one house away from a very dry field. On the other side of that very dry field is a gas station.

Nope - wouldn't want any bottle rockets here. LOL.

Oh - and I've seen those sparklers that shoot right out the tip. Scary stuff. Sorry you got hurt!

9:27 PM  
Blogger D said...

Fireworks are illegal here as well....at least in my poshy little county. (apparently rich people don't play with fire.....just meth and botox instead.)
The stands that i have seen in other counties are terrible. The approved fireworks are sad.....snakes (which are like watching turds grow), snappers, and sparklers....oy boy!!!! I miss missouri and the huge fireworks stores....tanks being the best.

9:54 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Callie: You are missing out. I love fireworks, although I have to stop myself from buying them since I am a pyro from way back and have to curb the urges.

ltlme: Meth and botox? Nice. I miss Maryland(at least being able to drive through it to DC or the bay). Hopefully you at least get to see a good show somewhere local.

PK: I was wondering when you would finally cave. Welcome to the machine.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

speaking of a guy missing a couple, how are things, monkey?

3:50 PM  
Blogger duff said...

i'm looking forward to viewing photos of you dancing......a new profile picture, perhaps?

7:30 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Duff: Wait for it...

Sarah: Be careful, kids are crazy.

11:51 PM  
Blogger -G.D. said...

Dancing Larry...this I must see. Come on...stop teasing and post a damn photo of yourself already!

6:06 AM  
Blogger -G.D. said...

You are a babe magnet , BTW. Hmmmm....wonder why we flock here? I have my theories.

6:07 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

Wow, I do see trend up above. My male readership must not have been online much the past few days either that or they just don't like me anymore.

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home