Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The Problem Isn't With The Car

When I bought my new car, I figured I would get all the paperwork I needed to license it. Two weeks ago, I went to the license center and handed the clerk the folder with the paperwork that I was handed, as well as the proof of insurance that is needed and a personal property waiver from last year. She told me I needed an MSO(a dealer title) and a title application that was not in the folder. I had not even opened the folder since I recieved it at the purchase. I placed it in the glove box and removed it when I went to license the car. I went back to the dealership and talked to the salesman who sold me the vehicle. He showed me copies of the documents and said that if they had made copies, that they had given the originals to me. I told him I didn't have them and hadn't done anything with the paperwork except put it in the glovebox. At this point the conversation took a turn for the worse.

Salesman: I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you.

Me: I'm not here to get into a pissing contest. I want to license my car and I need certain paperwork that I didn't get when I bought the car.

Salesman: I have copies of the documents right here.*holds up photocopies* We wouldn't have these if we didn't give you the originals.

Me: What? Unless the originals walked out of the folder you handed me and got lost somewhere in the glovebox, where I can't find them, you did not give them to me.

Salesman: I...

Me: I don't care. I just want to get the paperwork that I need to license my car before the temporary tags expire at the end of the month. What has to be done to get the paperwaork?

Salesman: I gave the secretary the vehicle information(when he went "looking" for the originals) and she will order the MSO, we could make up a new title app right now, but, it won't do you any good without the MSO.

Me: Okay just make sure she gets that done. How long will it take?

Salesman: 10-14 days. *calls secretary while I am sitting there and tells her to get on it* I'll call you when I get it.

Me: Thanks.*dripping sarcasm*


So, last Friday, it had been almost 2 weeks. I called and was told it was there and I could pick it up after 5pm. Great, the license center closes at 5pm. I had to work Saturday, Monday and Tuesday(the last day my temp tags were good) and didn't know when I was going to get my car licensed. I went in today after work and got it licensed. When I walked in and handed the clerk the paperwork, I finally get a good look at the title and application that I picked up Friday and just thumbed to make sure it was what I needed when I picked them up. When the clerk pulled them out, they already had my signature on them, not a forged signature, MY SIGNATURE. The MSO didn't have DUPLICATE stamped across the top like it should have either. Funny, the paperwork that I had been handed 2 weeks after being told I had already been given the originals, happened to be the originals. Right now, I am steaming.

Tomorrow, if I get off early enough, I am going to go discuss with the sales manager about the manner in which my situation was handled, and hopefully rip a new one into the salesprick that sold me my car and told me I lost the paperwork. I had to call him to get it on Friday, I might still have been waiting if I had not. All that for paperwork that they had, that I could have been given two weeks ago when I went to talk to them about not getting it.

10 Comments:

Blogger D said...

dealerships suck

6:43 PM  
Blogger Nihilistic said...

Poo on his car!

7:48 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

I'm so glad you're not going to let this guy get away with it. If I were you, too, I'd write a letter to the gentleman (and I use the term loosely) that owns the dealership. "Is this the image you want?" kinda letter.

Go for it and DON'T take no for an answer. Make sure, though, that it wasn't the secretary's fuck-up instead of the salesman. She might not have told him the truth about what happened.

6:57 AM  
Blogger Captain Icehole said...

I got your back, brother! I HATE car salesmen!!!!

8:17 AM  
Blogger Kay Ray said...

I work in the escalation department at my job.. heres some of my advice..

1. Call before hand and find out who the owner of the dealership is and when you go in tell them if they don't fill your tank up with gas for having to drive around the world a million times you will call "so and so" and tell them what laxed employees they have.

I had alot of advice in my head but it's been a really long week LOL good luck with the dealership, from my experience they are all theives anyway!! LOL

TTYL Kay Ray

2:23 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Everyone, I got the dealership to refund me my money for the penalty caused by getting my paperwork so late and got a face to face apology from the owner. I really don't feel satisfied but at least I am not out the money and they lost me and probably the rest of my family as customers. Over the last four years we have bought four vehicles.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

Larry you are SO the man. You are SO cool. Come fight my battles for me, k??

4:08 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

I keep hearing these horror stories about jerk car salepeople, and I keep thanking my lucky stars that my salesman was so nice. The guy still calls me to check to make sure that I like my car.

I'm sorry your "helpful helper" was a poophead. It'll come back and bite his ass soon enough.

And, yes, I did just say poophead.

4:22 PM  
Blogger :| raven |: said...

bastages!!!!

i hate car salesmen.

every time i hear the words "car salesman" i think of Herb Tarlick from WKRP.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Pumpkin Nutz said...

Larry i'll stand by that and NEVER shop at Landoff!

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home