Thursday, April 06, 2006

Clinched!

Well, I was going to do a really cool picture montage of things being clinched(clenched). Such as sports titles, fists, assholes... I couldn't find enough really cool and/or funny pics to make it work how I wanted.

Anyway, my men's recreational hockey team, the Ice Holes, clinched 1st place in our league and we have one more game to go before playoffs. I love playing with this group of guys. I didn't think we'd win as much as we have, but most of these guys are good friends, or friends of good friends and it has been a fun season. WE clinched 1st place by beating the only team we have had trouble with in a convincing fashion. It was a pretty rough game, and yours truly was playing a bit dirty. But, I haven't had that much fun in a long time. And, like my coach always told me, "If someone is going to get hurt, make sure it is the other guy." No one got hurt, but there were more penalties than I can ever remember being called in any game I have played in. There were 5 game misconducts split between 2 players. One guy from our team got a double and one guy from their team got a triple. After their player got kicked out, things cooled off a bit and the game went back to being somewhat clean. Our next goal, is the league title. But, as long as we can keep the team together and play a few more sessions, I will be happy either way.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

Wow! I'm pleasantly surprised that you all clinched 1st place. Awesome. I'm sure I'll hear all about it from Pumpkin Nutz this weekend at work. Heh. :)

Way to go, Lar. I think I'm actually more surprised that the team might actually stay together than I am at the fact that you all played well. I might try and make a playoff game, but you guys lost the only game I attended, so maybe I'm bad luck. :)

10:08 PM  
Blogger Erika said...

Congrats, Larry!

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home