Monday, April 09, 2007

Pride

The other day, one of my friends pointed out something that was pretty cool(at least to me it was). In the hockey league I play in, there is one team that has a former NHL goalie. His name is Bruce Racine, and he comes out and plays for them against the better competition. Most of the time we play each other in low scoring affairs and we have won as many as we have lost against the team. However, every time we play them the NHL alum is present.

Last week, I scored a goal from the point, and chipped in two first assists on the guy, and we won 3-2. It was nice to be really instrumental in a win(this never happens on ice, and I was used to doing more when I played roller). It was even better after my friend pointed out, the guy has a Stanley Cup ring. I'm not sure he actually played in the finals, as he was a career backup in the NHL, but hey, I'm not picky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home