Wednesday, February 13, 2008

What In The Blue Blazes?!

According to UrbanDictionary.com, the term Blazin is defined as:

the act of smoking anything (usually an illegal substance)

guy1: what yall doin tonite?
guy2: blazin some of dat magic grass...wanna come?
guy1: hellz yea





Now guess what the official mascot for the American Lung Association's "Be Smart Don't Start" anti-smoking campaign for kids is called?

My friends, let me introduce you to, Blaze, The Braggin' Blue Dragon. "You can be smart like me and never use tobacco." He says. I think ol' Blaze has been tokin' on some of "dat magic grass."


Big Joe and I stopped at McDonald's in Oklahoma City, on the trip back to St. Louis last weekend. I looked down while I was eating my bacon, egg and cheese biscuit and noticed this guy on my place mat. I burst out laughing when I read the first two lines of type. Nothing like knowing your target audience. It just makes me wonder what clueless A.L.A. cronie came up with this brilliant idea.




When I realized I had a blue post that had nothing to do with the Blues, I folded that place mat up and brought it home with me, so I could share it with the world. Enjoy.

This post made possible by contributions from the following: The American Lung Association and it's cronies, McDonald's(I'm Lovin It), Avis Car Rental(fake plates and all), Big Joe, Fiber, Snuffleupagus, Mike Patton(without Mike there would be no Steph. No reason for her to exist without him), and The Steph(thanks for all the help).


Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Goosechild said...

How 'bout a shout out to me, eh? You couldn't have made your way to Texas without my idea to go to the game. :P

7:46 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

I think that dragon sold me some magic grass one time. Okay. I'm lying. It was just a brownie.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't think I need to justify my love for Patton to you or anybody! ANYBODY!

*runs in bedroom, slams door*

And I have the strongest urge to have a cigarette right now. I think I'ma go do dat. Thanks, Blaze!!

6:58 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Lindsay: Sorry for the omit, I was just thinking of the drive back.

Jess: That was Puff, Blaze's red-eyed, constantly hungry, brother.

Steph: I thought "justify my love" was a song by madonna? Although, chances are, Patton has a cover of that one floating around somewhere, too. He probably did it on a kazoo

8:52 AM  
Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

And I'll bet that it sounds 1000 times better than that faux-English twit's version.

It doesn't surprise me that you're a Madonna fan. Not one bit. :)

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home