Saturday, October 06, 2007

Finally, An Update

Is anyone out there still reading this?

If so, here goes.

Over the past 6 months, I had been dating a nurse I used to work with. It started out ok, but we broke up and got back together 3 seperate times. I fell a bit too hard for her. The last time we broke up, I told her that I would not pursue her anymore. She knew how I felt about her and if she didn't feel the same way she needed to do what she had to do. It took her 12 hours to call me and continue our relationship. We slowed things down a bit, talked a whole lot and went out several nights a week, over the next month. Last month, she told me she was pregnant. We decided we were going to have the baby, because everything was going very well adn by the time it would have been born, we would have been together long enough to know each other much better. Let me add that she already has a 10 year old son.

That all changed last Sunday. She called me after I left her apartment and told me she didn't love me, we were just good friends and she could not go through with it because she didn't want another broken family. She said she needed some time alone to think about things. Knowing her as well I thought I did, I knew she was leaning toward having an abortion. I told her that I did not want her to do it and to call me before she did anything. For the next two days, I waited. On Tuesday she sent me a text telling me that she had an appoinment for Friday and that it would take 5 hours. After several hours of trying to make any sort of contact, including going to her apartment, she would not talk to me. I have never felt so much pain, as I did over the next few days. Did you all know, there are no rights for the father of a child until the baby is born?

To make things even more difficult, I had surgery for a hernia scheduled for Friday, myself. I sent her a message begging her not to kill my baby, on Thursday night. But, I did not hear anything from her until I came out of my surgery. There was a text message on my phone saying that the baby wasn't even mine and to never contact her again. It turns out that she had been sleeping around while we were "taking things slow".

Why do I always find the dishonest, cowards? The women that just cannot seem to be honest with me even when that is all I ask. Are there any good women out there that are interested in an honest, loyal, thoughtful man? Please, someone tell me that it is worth my while to be as nice as I am. Because, no matter what I do, I keep getting broken. I hate being an asshole, I am no good at it, but it seems that is the only way to get ahead anymore.

I guess that is enough of a rant for now. Sorry, to be so deep, so soon in my return.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

Wow. You know, I was throwing myself a (tiny) pity party because I was so swamped with work, and you have to go and put that all into perspective on me. I feel the need to make a few points:

1. I'm glad to see that you've returned. I kept checking up on you, but you weren't here. Deep or not, it's nice to see you back.

2. It is worth your while to be as nice as you are. It might not seem like it but there are people people out there looking for honest, loyal, thoughtful partners. Trust me, I know they're hard to find.

I'm so sorry you're hurting. I know I'm just a random face out in blogland, but I'm thinking of you. Chin up, buttercup. You'll make it through, too.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Callie said...

Larry -

the nice guy DOES win in the end. Trust me. I know it seems like everything's against you now, but women do like nice guys. It just takes the right woman. You need to relax, feel comfortable with yourself, and when you do that, everything falls into place.

I'm thinking about you, and sending you lots of cyber-hugs.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Mossy Stone said...

She doesn't deserve a nice guy like you, Brother. She deserves whatever ugly ending fate has in store for her.

You don't have to be an asshole to deal with women. You might have to be a little more picky/selective in who you wind up dating.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Goosechild said...

i.e. NO MORE NURSES. They spend so much time taking care of other people, how can you NOT expect them to be selfish and self-serving outside of work?

Just MHO...

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home