Thursday, February 07, 2008

A Whole Lot O Green

Earlier this week, my friend Big Joe(most of you probably know him. Some of you definitely do. One of you calls him Baby Huey) called me and asked if I wanted to go to a Blues game this weekend. Is an elephant's ass gray(Post Idea!)?! Of course, I'll go to a Blues game. Anyway, the conversation went like this;

Joe: "Hey Larry, wanna go to a Blues game Saturday?"

Me: "Sure. I don't think I have any plans. Let me make sure I don't have any plans."

J: "It's in Dallas. I'm driving down and need someone to ride with me."

Me: "I would love to go, I just have to make sure I'm not forgetting any previous engagements."

Then the conversation moved on. I realized I had told one of my other friends that I would help him clean his drain this weekend. So I cancelled those plans and bought a ticket to the game. This checks off two things on my "bucket list". I have never been to Texas (1) and I want to see a hockey game at every NHL rink, Dallas will now be checked off (2).

Some of you already know what this has to do with green. For the rest of you look below.



I will be outfitted in blue in a sea of green and black. Like the lone, clean water molecule surrounded by filth and decay. I can't wait. It won't be like Philly, where if you show up in another teams uniform you expect to get hassled(at the very least, possibly hurt). I heard they are pretty cool to opposing teams' fans in Dallas. Although, with the team they have, they win more often than not. So, I guess it makes sense.

Next week, blue. I wonder...

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Tracie said...

Just make sure you actually end up in Dallas.

When I went to 'Dallas' a couple of years ago, I never saw an armadillo OR any tumbleweed. Seriously.

I STILL don't believe that I was in Texas.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I just think you guys are nucking futs to drive 12 hours just to spend a few hours in Dallas. But have an excellent time!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Tracie: If you want to see an armadillo, you need go no further than southwestern MO. Proof is in the puddin.

Steph: Most of the drive will be spent sleeping. Joe is always up until 3-4 in the morning. so he'll drive first.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

I love the artwork. Nice. Enjoy Dallas - it was all right when I was there last.

7:25 AM  
Blogger SpinKick said...

Go Blues.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Goosechild said...

Haha, how bout that spanking! 6-2

Dallas! *duh-duh* STARS! *duh-duh*

I can't wait to get my camera back so I can post some pictures... >:P

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home