Saturday, March 29, 2008

Magenta

Really? Cuz, I got nothin.

I guess we'll go with the origin according to the always right, Wikipedia.

"The name magenta comes from the dye magenta, commonly called fuchsine, discovered shortly after the 1859 Battle of Magenta near Magenta, Italy."

Interesting enough?

I hope so. I can't waste much thought on magenta this weekend. I have to come up with 3-4 pages about a piece of wax that Descartes wrote about in two paragraphs in his second meditation.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

So is magenta the same as fuschia? I think they're pretty similar.

5:42 PM  
Blogger duff said...

when i saw the title, i totally thought it was gong to be a post about the rocky horror character.....

however, you've inspired me to look up the origins of my favorite color to say: chartreuse

3:02 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Descartes and the wax. Always a brain teaser.

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home