Saturday, March 29, 2008

Pride

After doing a little drinking and hanging out with a few friends and a few of their friends last night, I got to thinking about this. The details of why are too long, unimportant and personal to other people to disclose here. But, here is what I was thinking about.

It's funny how pride can, at the same time, lead us to the truth and keep us from excepting it. It helps us lose things and makes us unable to let them go. It can also help us earn things and make us too proud to take them when we have. It is great for motivating people, but, can make us go too far or not far enough in our actions.

Can you imagine a world, where, pride did not rule most of us? I wish I could.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Callie said...

Oooh. Deep thoughts.

:-P

I'm not ruled by pride. I'm just vain as all hell.

*snicker/giggle*

6:55 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

WTF were you drinking? Mescaline?

5:25 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

C: Vanity is a priviledge of the beautiful. I, unfortunately, do not have the opportunity.

P: Mescaline was only one of the pyschodelics ingested during my night of binge drug use. I grow peyote for that specific purpose. You would not beleive how hard those damn cacti are to cultivate.

7:22 AM  
Blogger Goosechild said...

While I could write a novella on this subject, I instead found a quote that, while it is so true, made me laugh:

"Pride would be a lot easier to swallow if it didn't taste so bad."

9:52 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

Hey Larry - everything okay?

It's been over two weeks. Just making sure you're not going MIA again.

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home