Sunday, July 13, 2008

Family Time

My step-dad, who I am only calling my step-dad so as not to confuse my very few readers, I call him dad, fainted last Sunday night and has been in the hospital since. He will be going home tomorrow. However, he has a few decently serious health problems already and it seems that there will be several more added to the list over the next few weeks and several more visits to the doctor. As much as this worries me, I am just as concerned for Steph. If anything happens to her dad, it will destroy her.

Also, I went down to visit my dad in the sticks this weekend. From there we went over to Springfield to visit both of my brothers, sister-in-law, and their kids. My niece turned one last week and they had her birthday party on Saturday. I realized just how little I have seen that side of my family this past year. After everything that happened this week I feel I need to visit them a bit more often. I just don't know how many more times I will be able to get down there this year. School will be starting in a month. Then, I got home and checked my email. I had an invite to play in a hockey tournament with some friends, in Springfield, at the beginning of next month. I think I will be going down there for that weekend. It will give me an excuse to get down there.

5 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

It's not the quantity of time, my friend, it's the quality.

Trust me on this one.

Hope your Dad is okay and gets better soon.

4:31 AM  
Blogger Ren said...

It's easier said than done, but some semblance of balance between work, family, and play is always good and even healthy. Again, easier said than done... Hope it all works out.

5:17 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

Hope your dad feels better. Keep us updated.

As Penny said - it's the quality of time you spend with them. Also, since you live a distance away, just make sure you make lots of phone calls, and make it over to visit when you can.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Bettina said...

I lived on the other side of the world from my family for the last six years and have only just moved back. One of the reasons I came back was because I wanted to be closer to my family, especially now that my dad is not that well either. So I understand what you mean.

It is true though that the distance that really matters is the distance between your hearts. You can feel close even if you are not there- you can call, write and send good thoughts.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Saying lots of prayers for your family. Hope you guys pull through this difficult time.

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home