Thursday, July 03, 2008

Everyone Has Felt This Way

At some point in time, everyone has or will feel this nervousness. Chris Carrabba captured the feeling beautifully. It reminds me of how I have felt several times. One of these days I may feel it again. As one of my female coworkers said the other day, "Larry, you should take someone there(referring to a really awesome restaurant) when you finally go out on another date. It's really romantic."

Funny how when I wanted to date and was looking to, it seemed as if there were no women interested. Now that I just want to finish school and get out of town, there are several. Of which I am interested in none. Funny, because at least one of them is really cool, and would probably be good for me. What the hell is wrong with me? Oh well, c'est la vie. In a month or so, when I am back to 18 credit hours and 40 hour work weeks, I won't even notice.


"Remember To Breathe" by Dashboard Confessional

She fixes her lips, they always look perfect
Never a smudged line, never too much
I try on my blue shirt, she told me she liked it, once
She wonders what I'll wear, she knows just what she'll wear
She always wears blue
So, sneakers or flip flops? I'm starting to panic, wait, wait
Remember she asked you
Remember to breathe
And everything will be okay

Alright, alright, alright, alright, alright, alright

Now every time we do this I fall for you
Wave after wave it's all for you
And now you listen like your hearts on fire
Like you wanna believe in me
So, I'll try
Put your hands in the sky
And remember
It will be here forever
I'll be alright, alright, alright, alright

8 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

That's always the way it happens. When you're not looking, they crawl out of the woodwork.

Where ya movin to?

Finally caving and becoming and Canadian that you know, deep down inside, you are?

5:28 AM  
Blogger Ren said...

No worries... One will come around that will "move you" in ways unknown.

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great lyrics. I'm going through a divorce and can't wait to feel those song lyrics again. Can't wait.
-Jenni

12:27 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Hopefully you read this again, then, Jenni. Don't rush the dating part after you get through everything. Get to know yourself again. It was the best thing I did for myself.

The best advice I got while going through mine came from my mom and dad, seperately and they have both been through it at least one each. "Don't make any huge changes for a while. Take some time to figure out where you want to be. Then, start changing things to get there."

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree 100%. I used to blog- you prolly don't remember me...I quit when I met him. Maybe I'll start again. And a lot of other things I quit too. But yeah, I'm in no rush, but those feelings are def. in the back of my head. ;)

7:00 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Dimlightslittlecity. I remember you. Good luck, hon. It's rough, but it gets a whole lot better. I'm happier than I have ever been.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

Dimlights - remember this: Life begins on the other side of despair.

I think getting divorced was the best thing for my personal growth that I ever did. Also most difficult and devastating, but it's amazing when you come out the other side.

Right, Larry?

5:29 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

I couldn't have said it better.

All of the plans and ideas I had about my life and where it was leading evaporated in a single, heartwrenching moment. But, like I said, I am now happier, more self aware and more confident than I have ever been.

It was a wonderful journey from then to now. Filled with new ideas, friends, love, loss and adventure, that I would have never had if it weren't for that moment.

"Amazing what a minute can do"

5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home