Friday, October 17, 2008

Free Food, Free Beer, Free Game

I went to my first Blues game of the season last night. I got the tickets from one of my best friends who is a season ticket holder and could not go. My friend has been having problems receiving his tickets in a timely fashion over the last few seasons. They normally send them to him in big book of tickets. The last couple of years he has not received them on time and had to wait at will call for his tickets for the first few games. This year he didn't get them until after the home opener last week. When he finally did get them, it was just a huge bunch of tickets in an envelope. He had to go through and separate them and make sure he had every game. He didn't. He didn't have last night or tomorrow night's game. So, he called and raised hell with an account rep. He let them know that he was not going to be at last night's game and to leave the tickets in my name at will call, but that he would be at tomorrow's game.

Now to the good part. When my other friend and I arrived at will call to get our tickets, they handed us very nice upgrades. We ended up in the club section. This section has leather seats, all you can eat free food, all you can drink free beverages (beer, soda, water, hot chocolate) and you never have to leave your seats to get any of this because they deliver it to you. And, the two of us that went got to see the Blues win big. What a good evening. It cost me 75 cents in a parking meter and a gallon or two of gasoline. Doesn't get much better than that.

I love how they are kissing my friend's ass by giving me great seats. I just find myself wondering what sort of treatment I am going to miss out on by turning down his second seat for tomorrow's game. I already had plans that I couldn't cancel.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bettina said...

Please excuse my ignorance for not knowing who the Blues are or what kind of sports they play. But it sure sounds like a great night out. I would definitely not say no to leather seats, free food, all you can drink beverages and being served all night.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

No worries. The St. Louis Blues are the local NHL hockey club. I normally watch them on TV or from the cheap seats. This is only the second time I have had the opportunity to sit in the club seats and the last time I did it we did not have sevice or leather seats. They have upgraded in the past few seasons.

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home