Sunday, October 05, 2008

This Makes Me Happy And Sad

I love it when I get the e-mail from my ski resort telling me that they got their first snow. It's kinda bittersweet this year, though. I doubt I will get to go skiing at all this season, due to financial reasons. A friend of mine is planning a mini trip in February or March, out to Utah. If I can somehow wrangle up the money, I will go. Anyway, I love seeing it snow in the mountains. That means it's getting close to possible to go skiing.


Look at how deep that powder is. MMMMMMMMMMMM.


This was one of the first times I had gotten into trees with a fresh dump of powder. So much fun.


Taking a break up top, to take in the view, take a few pics with my phone and send them to friends.












This is what I get for making fun of my cousin when he kept falling early in the week. "Say cheese," he said while laughing hysterically.


See the "Sleeping Giant" off to the right of the gondola building. This place is my heaven on earth. There is seriously nothing like a great powder day, spent in the trees.









And here is a bit of video of me skiing. I never get much tape of me, since I do most of the shooting, myself. I have watched tape from the time I got back out on the slopes four years ago and then watched tape from every year since. It's amazing what one or two lessons a year has done for my form and ability. I guess I should get back to work on my papers, now.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if it makes you feel any better, and there's ANY chance of you coming up for a little bit in february for the mid-winter festival up in PA for albannach, i will take you skiing on one of our awesomely sweet PA mountains... yippee?

4:17 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Philly is a bit more probable than a ski trip. I can drive up and back on 4 tanks of gas and stay pretty cheap.

5:33 AM  
Blogger Goosechild said...

Dude, that was awesome. I've GOTTA learn how to ski, especially with the miles I'll be earning now! Let me know when you go next. :)

9:34 PM  
Blogger ANNA-LYS said...

Lovely Larry!!!!
Is that Rocky Mountain, Colorado?
You are a great skier, maybe Scandinavia next time? Or at least Europe!

(( hug ))

9:34 AM  
Blogger ANNA-LYS said...

Done with Your papers?

;-)

9:35 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

Lindsay: I've been inviting people for the past 3 years. ;)

Anna: That is in the Rockies in Northwestern Colorado. I would hope I was a decent skier. It's a lot like ice skating only you move downhill and the edges are longer. It is one of my passions.

And, yes, I finished my papers and turned them in. :P

9:50 AM  
Blogger ANNA-LYS said...

"I finished my papers and turned them in." WELL DONE!!!

<3

PS Like Your moustache :-p

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home