Thursday, October 16, 2008

I Still Don't Understand What She Wants

I received a phone call from one of the nurses this morning. She was asking me for several things and told me how she was cursing me under her breath when she realized that she did not have them. Then she asked how she should go about securing said necessary items. Jokingly, I told her that putting it a memo would suffice, since I didn't quite understand what she wanted. This is the "memo" that I received from her:

"F@#$ YOU, YOU F@#$ING F@#$.

This memo was brought to you by your favorite co-worker. You know, the one at the bottom of your list.
Have a great day, DOUCHE BAG."


When she handed it to me, I read it. I then looked at her and replied, "I hope this isn't asking me for what you need. That would be inappropriate at work." Thank God this woman is very pregnant and very slow because of it. I was able to escape the hand that was flying toward my face. She should know that sort of physical violence will not move her up the list (another story for another time) that she mentioned in her memo.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mossy Stone said...

If she was joking, that's one thing. If she was responding in anger, report her ass to HR.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

I have to assume she was joking, right? No one - very pregnant or not - should speak to a coworker that way.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Bettina said...

I bloody well hope she was joking.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

She was joking. I give her a bunch of crap and she gives it right back. I just never thought I would receive such a vulgar "memo". And it was something that I wanted to blog about. I do go back through my posts periodically to see what was going on "way back when". It'll give me a laugh in the future.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What's wrong with that memo? That's how I normally address you...

I see nothing wrong. :)

7:30 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

Yes Steph, you do. But, you always include why you are addressing me. Examples:

"Hey F@#$face, I'm going out to see Tropic Thunder with Keith. Would you like to come?"

"Hey A$$hat, do you want to go to Las Fuentes for dinner?"

Do you see what I mean? She never stated what she needed in the memo. Which is why she was supposed to type it up in the first place.

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home