Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Blogging For Beginners

My friend Lindsay sent this via e-mail today. I was getting nostalgic for the first few months of my blogging career when I read it, so I thought I would post it. Enjoy getting to know a little bit more about me.

1. What time did you get up this morning?
5:30

2. Diamonds or pearls? Neither

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Burn After Reading

4. What is your favorite TV show? It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Breakfast bar. Sometimes I buy eggs and bacon at work.

6. What is your middle name? It took one of my best friends months of investigating to find out, I don't just give it out.

7. What food do you dislike? There are several, but this seems like a pretty negative question for getting to know someone. Try "What do you like on your pizza?" It's more upbeat.

8. What is your favorite CD at moment? Hmmm? I don't really have a favorite, but Fizzy, Fuzzy, Big and Buzzy is n my car CD player.

9. What kind of car do you drive? Chevy Cobalt

10. Favorite sandwich? Tony Luke's. American. Wit. (Philly cheesesteak with American cheese and onions.)

11.What characteristic do you despise?
Dishonesty

12. Favorite item of clothing? My orange Chucks.

13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go?
Alaska, Australia and then Europe. All of Europe.

14. Favorite brand of clothing? I'm not loyal to a specific brand.

15.Where would you retire to? Colorado. Or, if I make it there during my professional life, maybe back to Missouri.

16.What was your most recent memorable birthday? My last one. My 30th. Drunken Karaoke with my friends and passing out at Steph's.

17. Favorite sport to watch? If you have to ask, you haven't been paying attention, followed closely by Lacrosse.

18. Furthest place you are sending this? "To infinity and beyond"

19. Person you expect to re-post this first? Another one of those really bad questions. I don't EXPECT anyone to re-post this.

20. When is your birthday? Soon.

21. Are you a morning person or a night person? That depends on if I went to bed late or got up early, and sometimes it is dependent upon a combination of both factors.

22. What is your shoe size?
BIG. VERY BIG. ;)

23. Pets?
My cat and my bearded dragon.

24. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us?
Not that comes to mind.

25. What did you want to be when you were little?
Older.

26. How are you today? Tired and under stimulated.

27. What is your favorite candy? Lemon Drops.

28. What is your favorite flower?
The ones from Pink Floyd's "The Wall" that grow into representations of man and woman.


29. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? Probably Thanksgiving. My older brother is coming in from L.A.

30. What is your favorite pastime? I like to play hockey, spend time with friends and family, travel, and relax. Not necessarily in that order on any given day.

31. What are you listening to right now? The movie "Iron Man" is playing and my cat is scratching herself, so her bell is jingling.

32. What was the last thing you ate?
Part of a granola bar.

33. Do you wish on stars? Not very often.

34. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
Orange, but I bet you knew that.

35. How is the weather right now?
Don't know, I'm inside.

36. The first person you spoke to on the phone today?
I would guess one of the nurses at work.

37. Favorite soft drink?
Diet Dr. Pepper.

38. Favorite restaurant?
Roberto's Italian Restaurant

39. Real hair color?
Dirty blond on top and a red beard.

40. What was your favorite toy as a child?
My Transformers.

41. Summer or winter?
Winter

42. Hugs or kisses?
Hugs

43. Chocolate or Vanilla?
Swirl.

44. Coffee or tea?
Tea, if pressed. But, neither, given the choice.

45. Do you want your friends to email you back?
If the original message requires a response.

46. When was the last time you cried?
October 5, 2007. I will feel incomplete for the rest of my life.

47. What is under your bed?
Carpet.

48. What did you do last night?
Slept.

49. What are you afraid of?
Never being completely happy. I fake it well, but there are things that are missing.

50. Salty or sweet?
That varies.

51. How many keys on your key ring?
3

52. How many years at your current job?
2+

53. Favorite day of the week?
Wednesday.

54. How many towns have you lived in? 3

55. Do you make friends easily?
Most of the time.

56. How many people will you send this to?
As many as will stop by and read it. Or none if you refer to how many I will physically send this to.

57. How many will respond? Check my comments link in a few days. You will have the answer that you desire.

12 Comments:

Blogger Goosechild said...

The Wall is fooking awesome. Do you own it? If so, may I borrow it and burn it? :-D

3:27 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Of course I own it. I think, over the years between VHS and DVD I have owned 4 copies. That doesn't include the cassette tapes, CDs, and the Roger Waters The Wall live in Berlin albums that I have gone through.

I may need you to make a back up copy for me. ;)

7:47 PM  
Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

Your obsession with Floyd and DMB is just as bad as my Patton obsession - I don't know why you give me so much crap.

7:15 AM  
Blogger ANNA-LYS said...

Oh that flower Floyd section is very sensual :-p

Don't You just hate this questions? But, You answered with great integrity - RESPECT!!!!

<3

9:29 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

Steph, my obsession with Floyd and DMB does not even come close to matching your Patton lovefest. I don't own any side projects. The only videos I own-other than the feature film, The Wall-all came with the purchase of a CD. I don't know anything about the band members' families other than what they say during their live performances that I own on CD or have watched on YouTube. So you see, even though I believe both bands are musical geniuses and I love to listen to them, I do not stalk them electronically or track them to find out where they are and what they are doing at the present time. But, if it makes you feel better, you can believe what you like.

Anna, I couldn't find the exact picture I was looking for. It is a bit before they get to that point in their "dance", when they look a bit more floral and a bit less human. But, I'll make due. I like them because they went from beautiful and innocent, to horrible and violent, and were very sexual somewhere in the middle of it all. So much like so many things that I have witnessed.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

Oh, and I love the questions. They give me a chance to not think about it when I am blogging. They were great for getting me started, when I entered the blogosphere. Just a bit of nostalgia.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Okay, here goes:

I own side projects of his because not only are they good, but also because he is an incredibly prolific artist and there are tons of works of his at my disposal. That's also how I know he's got new projects - he still makes music. All the time. He doesn't go ages and ages before putting something new out, regardless of what band he's with (or without) when he does it.

OMG, so reading a wiki page that says he has a brother and then doing a quick Google search to see if I could find a pic now makes me a stalker?? I think that's blowing it out of proportion just SLIGHTLY.

Oh, and you can say what you will, but who's a member of their favorite groups fan club?? Not me, brother...

I think that the only *real* difference between our obsessions is that while I would do unspeakable things to Patton given the chance, you would probably settle for cuddling with Dave.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

I'm only a member of the fan club for the discounted merchandise and early ticket sales. Don't be jealous that my favorite bands actual visit St. Louis from time to time (or tour at all for that matter). And, I wouldn't cuddle with Dave. Maybe Carter, though. He looks like a big Teddy Bear.

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't have a blog, but i figure you'd like to know more about me. plus i miss you. also, did you get my pictures from colorado? i got rid of facebook because i'm applying for a job at al's company, but i'll be back soon.

What time did you get up this morning? 8:00 a.m.

Diamonds or pearls? I rock ice.

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? The Dark Knight (night?) i forget which one it is, but i saw it twice. it gave me a boner both times.

4. What is your favorite TV show? the office

5. What do you usually have for breakfast? i usually skip breakfast, or a banananana

6. What is your middle name? Robert


7. What food do you dislike? i don’t like ham. or lima beans


8. What is your favorite CD at moment? i’ve been listening to the Three Bad Jack’s cd Crazy in the Head. Psychobilly, it rocks.

What kind of car do you drive? VW golf Diesel
10. Favorite sandwich? Turkey with cheese melt on wheat bread.

11.What characteristic do you despise? i hate dumb girls, which unfortunately is all i can pick up with my new line (which i’m killing with btw, Larry)

12. Favorite item of clothing? I have this sweater my mommy gave to me. it’s a brown sweater i got for christmas, and she told me that she ‘can envision me wearing it when i meet the girl i’m going to marry’.

If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? ‘i don’t care where i go, as long as i’m with you’ i think i said that to a girl once. i’m so smooth.

14. Favorite brand of clothing? i wear alot of black shirts. that’s not a brand, but i figure you’d all like so know so much.

15.Where would you retire to? if i make it past 30, then we’ll think about that one.
16.What was your most recent memorable birthday? my 21st, i went out with my one friend for one beer, then my ex girlfriend yelled at me bc i smelled like booze. she was broken up with not soon after. she didn’t drink and was not fun.

Favorite sport to watch? hockey, football, indoor lacrosse, baseball. Larry, i’m sure you’d enjoy football more if the ram’s weren’t so god-awful

18. Furthest place you are sending this? Missouri (i actually just found out where that is, the entire time we were in colorado, i thought it was somewhere else)


20. When is your birthday? march 24th

21. Are you a morning person or a night person? I’m always awesome

22. What is your shoe size? 11

23. Pets? i have 2 cats: Boycat and Girlcat, and a beta, skeeter, who is 3 years old.

24. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us? i actually have an interview with al’s company tomorrow. also, i cured aids and cancer and won the nobel prize for awesome. oh, and our band won 2nd place in a parade and then we drank guinness out of the cup

25. What did you want to be when you were little? apparently i wanted to be a police officer, an astronaut or a doctor. apparently i used to have ambitions

26. How are you today? i’m super. thanks for asking.

27. What is your favorite candy? 5th avenue

28. What is your favorite flower? orchid. i’m gay.



29. What is a day on the calendar you are looking forward to? Halloween. my next excuse to wear my kilt.

30. What is your favorite pastime? i like hanging out with my friends, eating sunflower seeds and going to the gym. and working. that’s about all i do really.

31. What are you listening to right now? the mountain goats (seriously, check them out)
32. What was the last thing you ate? cheesesteak from the place next door to my work. wiz wit

33. Do you wish on stars? of course

34. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? my favorite color: reddish, yellow kinda orange. like a perfect sunset. or pizza.

35. How is the weather right now? kinda chilly, but beautiful and if i weren’t drunk, i’d go for a run in it.

36. The first person you spoke to on the phone today? i think my sister, maybe my boss?
37. Favorite soft drink? orange crush

38. Favorite restaurant? carraba’s? maybe... or just any good brewpub (not estes park brewery though)

39. Real hair color? brown. beard grows in red. and yes the curtains match the pubes

40. What was your favorite toy as a child? ghostbusters/ninja turtles. remember, i’m like 8 years younger than you larry.

41. Summer or winter? Winter

Hugs or kisses? ‘if we live to see the other side of this... i will remember your kiss.... so do it with your mouth open...

43. Chocolate or Vanilla? vanilla

44. Coffee or tea? sometimes i drink coffee for fun, just to piss off my boss. usually, he’ll tell me that i’m not allowed to talk after about 15 minutes of me being wired and not shutting up

46. When was the last time you cried? a few months ago, i woke up at 3am and couldn’t get back to sleep, so i decided to go to the gym. but i can’t go to the gym until 530, so i turned on the tv and watched milo and otis... and i just lost it.

47. What is under your bed? the box spring, and the floor

48. What did you do last night? that was too long ago to remember... tonight i worked 10-9 and went to the bar with some friends and played quizzo. i saw a girl i recognized so i waved at her. then it wasn’t the girl i knew so she stared at me like i was some idiot. it was awesome. we finished 5th.

49. What are you afraid of? losing loved ones, black people

Salty or sweet? both, at the same time.

51. How many keys on your key ring? someone once told me that you can tell how successful a person is by how many keys are on their keyring... i have one. i don’t even need a keyring but it doubles as a bottle opener. i only have one key, i am not successful.

52. How many years at your current job? almost 4 at mr. bottle and since i’m technically still an employee of genuardi’s, almost 6.5

53. Favorite day of the week? whichever day i’m off

54. How many towns have you lived in? same house since i was born

55. Do you make friends easily? Most people think i’m awesome, but sometimes i come across as a douchenozzle to strangers because i’m so cocky and don’t take things seriously.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Mark: Yes, I got your pics. Thanks. I haven't had time to look at them or try to save them to my computer.

#5- R.I.P. Mitch Hedberg. I never know when to stop on the nanana either.

#11- Seriously, if they are going to fall for that line...

#24- The coolest job I have ever had. And, you will be perfect for it, if you can get all the administrative stuff done when necessary. Al is a tough boss. But, also one of the best people I have ever had the pleasure of working with. He is honest, fair and he will always have your back or tell you where you went wrong. Plus, he is a great teacher.

#26- You're welcome.

#28- You're right.

#38- Anyone who reads this, this man doesn't lie. If you go to Estes Park, CO, do not visit the Estes Park Brewery. Horrible.

#46- Supports your answer to #28. Milo and Otis? Dude...

#55- I wouldn't call you a Douchenozzle. Maybe an Asshat, but not a Douchenozzle.

10:33 PM  
Blogger ANNA-LYS said...

Is this what You meant? ;-)

11:44 AM  
Blogger Goosechild said...

My mom uses asshat. It's quite funny.

If I heard her use douchenozzle I might blow a gasket.

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home