Sunday, September 28, 2008

"I Do That Too"

My first afternoon helping coach the Locomotives was as much fun as I thought it would be. I got to work with the more advanced group, which was great for both me and the players. I really don't have much coaching experience, although I have been involved with hockey in one form or another for about 20 years. These players require a lot less teaching than the intermediate and beginning players. They just require a bit of instruction and once they understand the drill, sometimes they have to be led through it. It was much easier than I expected it to be. The players all just do what they are asked to and enjoy it.

During one of the drills I was skating into a corner to do something and I took a mis-step and fell. As I was getting up one of the players looked at me and said, "Ha, coach, I do that too." and smiled at me. I just had to laugh and tell him, "We all do it." It was so much fun.

5 Comments:

Blogger ANNA-LYS said...

in respons:

You got a point there my Dar-Link!
It's a goal ... to unite people :-)

8:17 AM  
Blogger ANNA-LYS said...

Yes, we all do it, with or without skates!!

8:18 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

If I had to wear stilettos, I would fall a lot more than I do on my skates. :)

11:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I haven't been on skates for a while, but if I was, I would do it too. :-) Glad you had fun.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

I skate at least once or twice a week and have been doing so for the past four years (and most of the las 20 years). I still fall. Sometimes, I'm not paying attention and just throw myself off balance. Other times, I am thinking about what I am doing and that can be dangerous, too. :)

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home