Monday, October 27, 2008

It's Still Early

I'm having a Garfieldesque Monday morning. I should have stayed in bed. I had a late hockey game last night, did not get home until after midnight and had to be up at 5:30. I never fall asleep right after I get home from hockey, it takes an hour or two. So far, I left my work keys, I.D. and proxy card (allows me into certain areas and elevators) at home. I get to look forward to clearing my parents' main sewage line when I get off work this afternoon. And, in 2 hours at work, it has taken me almost the whole 2 hours to do something that normally takes me about 20 minutes because people have left every area I stock a complete mess and I had to clean them before I could inventory them. I normally have to do a little bit of straightening, but It was ridiculous this morning. Once I was ready to start taking supplies to the floors, I could not track down my cart. There are a finite number of places it can be, and after checking most of them and having my team members help, I am going to have to make due with something else.

I love bad days. They seem to get everything out of the way at once. At least I get to start my Principles of Finance class tomorrow night. It says something, that I am actually looking forward to that occurrence as a "good" thing. Please end, Monday.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

I like your optimistic view of bad days. :)

This has been happening for awhile, but I thought I'd mention it... when I view your blog, I see the title of the most recent post at the top, then I have to scroll down past the sidebar on the left to read the text. Does that happen to anyone else who reads this blog, or is it just me?

12:00 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

If I use FireFox it does that. If I use Internet Explorer it reads like it should. I don't know how to fix it.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Mossy Stone said...

Larry: sounds very similar to my day yesterday. I usually call those my "Anti-Midas" days, where everything I touch turns to shit.
We won't even talk about my hockey game last night, m'kay?

8:56 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

We have a deal, Mr. Stone. Cuz, I don't really want to have to discuss my hockey game from Sunday night (which could very well have been the start of my 24 hours of shit).

Good news is, except for finding out that my work-wife is moving in the very near future, I am having a truly spectacular day today (at least compared to yesterday).

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home