Friday, September 19, 2008

Me Name is Jenkins. Redbeard Jenkins.

Ahoy me mateys, it be International Talk Like a Pirate Day. Aye, ya be hearin' me correctly. 'Tis th' only day a land lubber like me can speak this way and get away with it. So, put a parrot on yer shoulder and get loaded to the gunwhales with some grog and do yer best cap'n Jack impression. Be off on yer merry way and impress some scurvy dogs and saucy wenches with yer abilities to speak just like they do. If ye be not up to th' task, ye can always be off here to get regular speak translated to pirate speak. Don't be forgettin' to speak louder than ye normally do. Ye be a scurvy pirate, this day.


In honor of International Talk Like a Pirate Day, I used this random pirate name genrator. It's funny that it would call me Redbeard on my first try, since I actually have a red beard.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dinner tonight is going to be unbearable if everyone is talking like pirates....argh.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

Well, according to the Pirate Name generator, I'm Madam Patricia Black.

Doesn't sound very piratish, IMO. Sounds more like . . . well . . . a madam.

And I can't speak Pirate. I've never been good with languages. However, I'll honor the day by drinking lots of rum. How's that???

11:26 AM  
Blogger Bettina said...

Arrgh, speak like a scurvy pirate day be grand! Me scurvy pirate name be Devilish Diane Hunter. 'n just to seem a wee bit more like a pirate, I gunna have a spiced rum now. Ay!

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home