Thursday, May 19, 2005

2 Posts in 1 Day

While in Philly, I went to play poker with a friend at a bar tournament. He got knocked out pretty early and heard there was a tournament getting ready to start at a br just down the road so he told me to meet him there when I was done. Several hours later, I finally managed to dump the considerable stack of chips I had amassed and headed out the door to the next bar.

I showed up and found my buddy conversing with several women at the next bar. This is great because as clueless as I am around women(sometime I might post about my ski trip earlier in the year and you all might get the picture), I don't have to do any of the work. After introductions I join the conversation and 1 of the women and I, hit it off right away. After about a half an hour things are going great, we are both out of town and visiting friends, leaning closer during converastion, a little touching going on mostly her touching me, as I am a chicken shit, and like I said, slightly clueless(OK, really clueless, around women). I am getting all the right signals from her.

This is when my awful luck, reared its ugly head. Somehow or another the subject of her being married comes up(she wasn't wearing her ring). After I found out she was married things kinda went down hill fast. I don't think my end of the conversation was nearly as invovled I started leaning away, she picked up on this I'm sure, because 10-15 minutes later both women were gone and my buddy and I were alone at the bar(sorry J). I probably still had a shot until I started telling her about my divorce from a wife who probably cheated on me.

Sometimes, I feel like I need to loosen up a little. A friend of mine once had a relationship(not a one night stand) with a married women, based on advise he recieved from another friend who told him, "If you don't do it, she is just going to give it to someone else." Sage advise, and I thought about not trying to screw it up for a few seconds, before I realized, I still have to wake up and like myself in the morning. Plus, in the relationship I am speaking of between my friend and the married women, her marriage was ending anyway and with the women I was speaking with it seemed like she was just trying to have a 1 night stand.

Damned morals. Sometimes I wish I had a devil on each shoulder, life would be so much more fun.

5 Comments:

Blogger Nickelplate said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:58 PM  
Blogger Nickelplate said...

Man, you know I'm pretty much a sociopath, and even I wouldn't have a relationship with a married woman. Hell, you'll think that our ancestors are workin' for ya to get the chicks. But then you'll realize that our ancestors are really assholes who are setting you up for thier own amusement. Or at least that would be the case if we are Chinese, not German.
Ihre Broder.
"Hate"

7:00 PM  
Blogger duff said...

i had a quick fling with a married guy once- his marriage was on the rocks, and his wife left soon after- she heard about him screwing some other chick in the hot tub of the apartment complex. by then, i had moved on.....found something with more potential than my little rebound.

besides, before him, i thought the "two minute man" thing was a myth.

i'm not proud of it, and i wouldn't repeat it, but i don't regret it, either.

i think you did the right thing- even if it means missing out on that purity point.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Danikabur said...

You need to do what is best for you. Whats best for your friends (or what they might do) may not be something you would not come to regret.

I think you made the right decision for you.

8:03 AM  
Blogger :| raven |: said...

ok i am completely proud of you ....

this is one area where i have very strong beliefs ... and it puts people off sometimes .. but ... i have never cheated on anyone i was with .. never cheated on my ex husband .. and would never .. EVER be with a man who was married. ever. i don't care what excuse he has about "she doesn't understand him" or "we don't sleep together" bullshit ....

i have been cheated on more than once and i would never do that to another woman .. NOR would i subject myself to feeling that way ...

casual sex with strangers is not necessarily fun .. not fun to get herpes ... AIDS .. or any one of a thousand other creepies ... eww ..

you did the awesome thing :)

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home