Sunday, May 15, 2005

Can' t Wait to Hear the Boss

I know that when you go somewhere they are always proud of their native musicians and I respect it and appreciate it. Every time I go to Jersey I hear Bruce Sprinstein at least once an hour and Bon Jovi almost an equal amount(Steph do you still think Phoenixville is the Hellmouth?). On Tuesday when I arrived in Jersey, and found a suitable station, the first full song I heard was "Dancing in the Dark". The next song..."Dead or Alive".

It got me thinking about Indiana. I know that is kinda weird but I let me explain. Every time I drive through Indiana, I hear AC/DC at least twice an hour. I used to work with a guy, about my age, from Indiana. His favorite band was AC/DC.

Until I started my current job and did plenty of driving through Indiana, it never meant anything to me. I love Pink Floyd, no big deal, my friend introduced me to their music a long time ago and it stuck. But, about the guy from Indiana, to me it seems like "the chicken or the egg" question. Did he learn to like it because he heard it so often or is it just a coincidence that he liked it and it played so much.

Maybe I'm weird for even putting it together like that.

Anyhow, I can't wait to hear some Springstein tomorrow morning when I get to Jersey. I won't even mind a bit of Bon Jovi.

4 Comments:

Blogger duff said...

and why on earth do they play so much ac/dc in indiana? they're aussies, as i recall.

you'd think all the radio stations would blast john cougar mellencamp constantly.....even the r&b ones.

4:40 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

yeah that is another reason it strikes me funny to hear AC/DC so much in IN.

5:27 PM  
Blogger duff said...

i'm trying to think of other famous musicians from indiana.....but since i think it may require actually looking something up, we'll just have to stick with jcm for now.

perhaps i won't feel so lazy tomorrow evening.

or not.

5:33 PM  
Blogger Nickelplate said...

So following your logic pattern, I could deduce that: Creed, Trapt, Staind, 3 Doors Down, and Nickelback are ALL from Missouri? At least they would be from my little area of South Central, because that's all I f**kin' hear on the damn radio. And they all sound the same.

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home