Friday, May 20, 2005

Destination, The Sticks

Well, after my laundry gets done drying, I am off to my Dad's place for a few days with the fam. It is great to visit them, but, they live out in the middle of nowhere. By the middle of nowhere, I mean, a stones throw from the Arkansas border and 20 minutes from the closest town. I like to go down there and relax cause the only sounds you hear are the very few cars that pass by on the county road 1/4 mile down the drive, cattle, and the occasion wildlife sounds. After a few days of this self imposed isolation though, I start to long for the suburbs again. It seems to agree with my dad, stepmom and little brother though. My dad has been a lot more relaxed since moving down there.

On most visits I even get a decent workout in when my dad has me help with any tasks that need to be completed around the farm, but, with the grandparents and semi sister-in-law/nephew there I doubt much wok will be getting done tomorrow. On my last visit I helped him spread about 6 truck loads of gravel during the course of 2 afternoons.

By now one of the gravel pads we spread and leveled should be on its way to becoming a garage big enough to house his mustang collection, which is getting bigger by the day, it seems. I can't wait to see his nearly completed 1970 Mach 1. He just retrieved it from the paint shop a couple of weeks ago and as of our last conversation had not yet completed adding the body details/trim and such to it.



Oh well, I am probably boring you all to death and just heard the dryer buzz.

4 Comments:

Blogger Nickelplate said...

"Sticks" my ass! This place is classifyable as "Boonies." Have you ever seen Deliverance? You get the point. *Cue banjo music*

9:18 PM  
Blogger duff said...

i'm a fan of the phrase "b.f.e.", myself- though i suppose that one should've been left back in high school, where it belonged.

3:40 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

I actually use the term East Jesus.

To each his(or her) own, I guess.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Kal said...

For some reason East Djibouti always got me chuckling.

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home