Monday, June 13, 2005

Flying High

Greetings from Baltimore(BWI to be exact). Here I sit people watching for the next 2 hours in anticipation of the final leg of my journey home and a well deserved(in my opinion anyway) day off, possibly more. This has been the most frustrating road trip I have had since starting this job almost 3 years ago, and believe me when I say I have been on more than my share. I managed to procure a total of 28 minutes of videotape over 11 days. Imagine, if you will, sitting there for an average of 9 hours a day for eleven days and seeing something, for only a total of 28 minutes over that span. The last 3 days saved me because I had access to someone’s unsecured wireless signal for most of all 3 days. It was rather weak and sometimes disappeared on me, but, it allowed me some browsing time and a few posts.

So far I have nothing interesting to report from the airport except a few fashion mistakes(if I notice, you know they are mistakes) and a couple of wailing babies. When all is said and done, this trip ended wonderfully, finding out Pink Floyd is reuniting, if only for one show, is enough to lift my spirits to a very high point. As the last few trips have ended in divorce, a death at my old apartment, a 12+ hour drive after an 8 and 9 hour day respectively and barely arriving at an airport in time to make it through security and onto a rough flight.

If I see anything interesting I will be sure to report back otherwise this will be it for this post.

Okay, so I didn't see anything really interesting, but my plane arrived about 20 minutes late at the gate in Baltimore. Then we had a stop in Louisville, which was not mentioned anywhere on the itenerary my boss sent me. While there, we were notified that we were not allowed to take off because severe weather in St. Louis had the airport closed. So my day got longer. Funny thing though, it didn't dampen my spirits at all, just wore me out a little more. Oh well I managed to get almost half my work week in, in one day. Now if I can wrangle a few extra days off this week, that would be awesome.

9 Comments:

Blogger Mossy Stone said...

Dude, take the well-deserved time off. Blog your heart out.

5:43 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

Good luck getting the extra days off! Sorry your trip was crappy.

And thanks for the shout-out a few blogs ago.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

Hope you made it home without further incident. The weather was pretty crappy here all night. Not that I'm complaining - anything that keeps it from being 95 degrees and humid as hell is alright with me.

7:58 AM  
Blogger -G.D. said...

What would you do with those extra days?

8:55 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

J: Tell Lindsay hey. And well, we can't win em all but we can sure try.

M: Out of my hands. I have to work tomorrow but after that who knows.

C: Hey, it ended great and now I'm home. Just hoping thing are going okay for you.

S: Yeah, I made it about an hour late. These 18 hr days are killing me. I have to work tomorrow, but it is guaranteed video so at least it won't be frustrating.

8:55 AM  
Blogger -G.D. said...

Sounds like you are blaming others for YOUR problems...again. ;-)

8:56 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

E: I have no idea. Go visit my dad or just sit around, catch up on skating I missed, something other than stalking.

G: Welcome back, hope you weekend was nice. I can't help it, I'm a whiner. Kinda like someone else I know. :P

9:13 AM  
Blogger duff said...

ah, BWI. do they still have the giant stained-glass crab there?

5:06 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

I didn't see it but all the windows are painted up pretty and B terminal is under construction. But, overall it is one of the nicer airports I have seen.

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home