Monday, July 25, 2005

Five Questions From Ltlme

I got this little questionaire from ltlme. I have seen it on several blogs including Lab Boy's. If anyone wants me to interview them the rules are located at the bottom of the post.


1. You're offered 5 millions dollars, but there's a catch. If you accept the money, you lose 7 years of your life. What would you do and why?

First, it depends on how many years I have left to live. Do I know that information? If not I probably would take the money, because my personal philosphy is: Why do anything that I don't like just to live longer so I can do those things for that much longer. I definitely don't like turning down five million dollars.

2. What is the worst thing you've done in your life?

One of my greatest regrets is when a guy who was somewhat a friend of mine in highschool(He was a huge dork, but, I was not much better off myself) walked up to me at the beginning of my sophmore year and was talking to me. At the time I was trying desperately to hang out with the "cool" kids and tried to shoo him away. He asked if I was just going to stop talking to him. My reply was, "yes".

that was the last time I spoke to him. for the next 3 years I would see him in the halls. I avoided him, not to try to be cool but because I was so ashamed of what I did I couldn't face him.

All that to hang out with a bunch of kids that didn't really give a shit about me. The guy was never one of my best friends but he was, in the short time I knew him, a better friend than any of the others ever were or could have been.

That was the main thing in my life that made me realize that I had to do things not to be cool but to just be me. If that meant being a social outcast, so be it, at least i would be happy. that approach has helped me live a happy life without many regrets. I am still ashamed that I had 3 years to apologize and could not swallow my pride enough to do it. I hope he is at the reunion next year.

3. You have to dress up as a drag queen and perform two songs. Which celebrity would you dress as and what would you sing?

Nice question. I would dress up as Bette Midler and butcher "Wind Beneath My Wings" and finish it off with my rendition of Bette singing "I'm Too Sexy".

4. What one person do you dislike the most and why? (This can include any historical figure.)

Too easy. I dislike my ex-wife the most of anyone. I gave her my whole self. I sacrificed my personal goals so she could persue hers. I gave up time with my friends and family to support her. I gave her as much as I could possibly give her. She repaid me by being too much of a coward to tell me she was leaving(she tried to do it while I was out of town and told me she was just doing it to "try to push me to change". Change what, I had nothing left of the original me except my family, friends and faith. I had given her everything I possibly could. I loved, I communicated, I trusted, I lost. She tried to hook up with someone else while I was out of town). I had to find out from one of her best friends and her boss that she was going to leave. Then when I flew back in to town to see her off she would not even come over to tell me in person. She's dishonest, selfish and a coward.

5. If you had the opportunity to make a positive impact for all living kind (humans, as well as non-humans) what would you do?

Very deep question. However, I have no answer for this. If I did, I would have done it by now and all of you would know what it was from the many news items that would have infiltrated every facet of media you use in your lives.


THE RULZ:
Please post your answers on your blog. If other bloggers want to be interviewed, you must interview them if they ask you by:

1. Leaving you a comment saying 'interview me please'
2. You will respond by asking you five questions here on their blog (not the same questions you see here)
3. They will update their blog/site with the answers to the questions
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions


new to this post: I found this at Apple's blog.

The Dante's Inferno Test has banished you to the Third Level of Hell!
Here is how you matched up against all the levels:
LevelScore
Purgatory (Repenting Believers)Moderate
Level 1 - Limbo (Virtuous Non-Believers)Low
Level 2 (Lustful)High
Level 3 (Gluttonous)Very High
Level 4 (Prodigal and Avaricious)Moderate
Level 5 (Wrathful and Gloomy)Moderate
Level 6 - The City of Dis (Heretics)Very Low
Level 7 (Violent)Moderate
Level 8- the Malebolge (Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers)Moderate
Level 9 - Cocytus (Treacherous)Low

Take the Dante's Divine Comedy Inferno Test

21 Comments:

Blogger D said...

I had a feeling you would have said ex....
I like your answers. :-)

8:36 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

You've been talking to your sister, haven't you. ;)

Thanks, I tried to do it right. The worst thing question was cool because I had already told that one over at Dani's blog.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Captain Icehole said...

What a coincidence, Larry, the person that I most despise is your ex-wife!!

9:45 PM  
Blogger Ren said...

Larry, very deep and insightful. Thank you, my friend... I'm glad to know the things I've done, or left undone, are not concerns exclusive to me, and that (codename) "Rinnie" is not the only world-renowned bitch out there. Again, thanks.

9:47 PM  
Blogger D said...

actually, you've mentioned your ex-wife somewhere on here or on my blog before. I know how most people feel towards their ex-spouse.
My sister and I do more talking between our blogs than anything else and we don't really talk about other bloggers to each other.

4:23 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

Joe: Funny, I would have guessed it would be Tugboat.

LB: I wish I had a codename for dickhead me, but, I don't.

Jenni: That's why I would do it. ;)

Ltlme: I have had a few conversations over IM with her and the subject has come up. I was just kidding when I wrote that comment. I doubt I would be the subject of conversation outside of a blog.

5:23 AM  
Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

Hee hee - I can't stop giggling at how awesome it would be if you and Motherdear smoked a joint and discussed life together. I've never gotten high, but I SO want an invitation to that party.

Do I know the person you're referring to in your answer to Question 2? (And as bad as you feel about that, at least you learned from it. Some people never do.)

You would make a tremendously hoarse-sounding (yet pretty) Bette Midler. Perhaps you should go for Marianne Faithful instead??

Your answer to Question 4 wasn't a surprise to me, either. I still admire the hell out of you for everything you did to try and save your marriage. I'm just glad that you are happier now. We all missed you, bro. :)

9:44 AM  
Blogger Danikabur said...

You can interview me if you want... but I will break the chain and not interview others lol.

I remember you talking about #2 on my blog. I hope you get your chance to talk to him at the reunion.

I love Bette Midler!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

Motherdear, I love James Taylor.

Steph, you don't know the guy from #2. How should I take that "pretty" statement? You admire me? Really? Damn, I gonna make you pay for admitting that in print. :)

Dani, let me think of a few questions and I will be right over.

3:12 PM  
Blogger D said...

Just for that, when my sister comes back through, I'll be sure that we talk about you to prove you wrong. ;-)

3:28 PM  
Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

Larry, I'm just saying I think you'd make a prettier woman than Bette Middler.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Is that because I think Sammy was as good a front man in Van Halen as Dave for different reasons?

6:01 PM  
Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

Heh. Not exactly, but I'll let you keep thinking that, Lar. :)

6:15 PM  
Blogger :| raven |: said...

what a great post ... i hope you also get to talk to the guy at your reunion .. will be a healing thing for both. if he's not some kind of stalker murderer by now.

and the ex thing .... my heart hurts for you .. you already know it's her loss. her issues .. her failings .. not you. but that is precisely the reason why i will never ever get that close to someone again because something similar happened to me. i will never go through that hurt again. i'd rather be alone the rest of my life than to take a chance on being hurt like that ...

6:59 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Marriedman, give me a bit to come up with five more question I am plum out right now. Thanks for the link.

Thanks, Steph. Your a pal.

Motherdear, glad you liked it. I will be right over to read it.

Raven, I had failings in our relationship, too. I just can't abide by the cowardice and dishonesty she showed at the end. I wish you happiness however you live your life. However, I hope someone comes along and sweeps you off your feet and makes you completely happy. Never finding love again is one of my greatest fears. I have never felt so full as I did when I was in love and I have never felt so empty as when it was taken away. Now, I am comfortable but I would rather be full again.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Why doesn't the "lust" and "gluttonous" surprise me? Ah, because you're a child of my own heart. Totally scored high in those areas when I took that quiz way back in the day. I didn't make it past the fourth level, so I pissed off my roomie who was hoping to room with me in our afterlife vacation as well.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Danikabur said...

I was banished to the second level. Too lustful. Interesting.

2:04 PM  
Blogger :| raven |: said...

oh i'm sure you will find it again, Larry .. you're far to awesome not to.

:)

6:22 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Only the third level, Larry? Keep drinking milk, you'll get there.

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your ex is a bitch to treat u that way!

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(was that too judgemental?)

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home