Monday, July 18, 2005

Lucky

I am very lucky my little brother and Dad fix computers for a living. This Saturday, before I went out, I was cleaning. Part of my project was to clean up the rat's nest of cables behind my laptop so I could set up my external hard drive and start storing my extra stuff(pictures, work stuff, movies, etc) on the external. While cleaning up the mess of cables I managed to unplug my computer while it was on. Oops. After several hours of phone conversations with Brad, we managed to get the thing running. I had to leave for the party so I didn't get to check everything.

I woke up on Sunday and went to go blogging(yes I miss you people, sometimes) and could not get online. After yet another conversation with the brother, I reinstalled a driver or two and got on. I am so glad I didn't have to call the manufacturer's helpline or some tech guy from a store. This would have been a long weekend if I did. Now I just need to figure out the ins and outs of this external drive and how to get thinsgs where I want them.

I still don't want to know about computers, though. They piss me off too much.

6 Comments:

Blogger Danikabur said...

Glad you miss us. :)

10:18 AM  
Blogger Kay Ray said...

Sometimes a friend to help with a computer is better than hanging with some "contractor" helpdesk, they usually are located in Argentina or something and know nothing. AHHHH i know from experience. Have a great week!!!

1:07 PM  
Blogger Ren said...

One should always have a friend who's a lawyer, one who's a doctor, and one who's a computer geek... Such trifecta will save you tons of money in the long run.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

And a mechanic.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

I have two good friends that are lawyers, Mossy's uncle is a doctor and Mossy himself is the computer geek. I also have my brother, who is a computer engineer and whose hobby is auto mechanics. My Dad is a banker.

I have truly been blessed. :oP

2:00 PM  
Blogger Stephen said...

three words: "get a Mac".

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home