Sunday, July 17, 2005

Does Anyone Remember MTV Beer

I have been searching for the MTV commercial where they spoof a beer commercial. "Pop it open. MTV." and "We didn't say you could drink it." were several of the lines in it. I have had zero luck. I enlisted the help of the Steph and she had zero luck. She did find this. Did anyone else ever see Leonard Part 6? Stupid Funny, that one.

Anyway, if any of you could find the commercial I am looking for I don't know what I would do for you. But, I will figure something out. I'm desperate. I am also looking for a copy of "The Running Man"(anime) directed by Kawajiri. It has nothing to do with the movie starring the Governator. It was a short film run on MTV's Liquid Television circa 1992. I am definitely a member of the MTV generation.

9 Comments:

Blogger jazz said...

i have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, sorry larry...

9:08 PM  
Blogger Ren said...

I'll check for them both on Lime Wire when I get home...

9:11 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Jazz, it's alright. I don't know what I'm talking about half of the time.

LB, thanks and good luck. I think MTV is very tight with their stuff. I know where I can get ahold of the anime thing but am not a huge fan of anime and would have to buy a whole 2 hr dvd to get a 10 min short. Seems like a waste to me.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Do you remember the fish swimming through the sewer?

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Nature scenes, american dreams
an ocean cruise on the sea...

Special friends, long weekends,
your dog - and MTV!

Pop it open, pop it open...
Pop open MTV!"

(guy opens can with mtv logo on it, takes a sip, then spits it out, looking disgusted)

Announcer: "MTV... we didn't say you could _drink_ it."

(this is from memory, and it's been a while now...)

:)

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i believe it went: "mountain streams, american dreams, a luxury cruise on the sea"

and then i thought the announcer said "no one said we had good taste" or maybe that's just another version.

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Kube said...

mountain streams, american dreams, a luxury cruise on the sea

special friends, long weekends,
your dog and MTV

Hey you're the king of your world,
videos are your crown,
grab an MTV and gargle it down...

Pop one open, pop one open,
pop open an Mtv, Mtv,
Pop one open, pop one open,
pop open an Mtv

5:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't think anyone remembered! I feel so old. I've had the damn jingle in my mind for 20 plus years!

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvLpSsornww

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home