Wednesday, July 13, 2005

What a Day

Sometimes, you know that it is going to be a bad day as soon as you get out of bed. Other times, it takes you a while to wake up enough to fully grasp that notion. Today started out with me waking up a half hour late and running out the door to get to my case at a reasonable time. In running out the door, I did not pack any food or drink, thinking I would pick it up at the gas station near the case. The case was about a half hour away fom home. When I got to the gas station, I used the fuel card that stays in the van to purchase gas and then went inside to buy my days nourishment. Whoops, I forgot my wallet at home. I debated going home and getting it but then it would be an hour later by the time I got back and this was a very important, time sensitive file that I was working today. I figured I would be okay as long as the person didn't go to a theme park or something. After waiting and watching for about 7 hours they finally left and stopped at a few large stores to do some shopping. I put together my bagcam to follow them into the store. Lo and behold, my bagcam has shot craps. Several month prior I had to rig it up after it broke and managed to get it working like new. I guess the repairs weren't permanent. So I waited outside the store to get some tape of the claimant at least loading the purchases into their vehicle. After several stops they decided to go to lunch. I love a free lunch. Couldn't get one though. Not only did I not have my wallet so I couldn't purchase it and bill the company, but, my bagcam is no longer in service so it would do me no good to go inside anyway.


Shitty Day

Oh well, tomorrow it is back to work on my street and then some much needed ice hockey in the evening.

18 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

Geeze, Larry, that's quite a day. I'm sure tomorrow will be better. It couldn't possibly get worse, right?

Go eat, relax and enjoy your evening. :o)

4:14 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

P-Shag: I forgot to mention that this case report and video have to be out of my hands ASAP. So, after getting home and typing the report I have to drive to the main Fed-Ex hub so it can actually get to the office tomorrow. But, honestly I am very happy to get some activity and video because lately that has been a big part of my frustrations.

Pammy: I guess I should have worded it different. Today has been a better day than a lot of the last couple of months. I don't think it compares to your days. I do still like my work just not my company.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Ren said...

At least the love of your life, the one you can't be with because, well, there's a world to be saved, the one who told you all her secrets and shared with you her flights of fancy and fancy dreams, the one who'd been there for you through thick and thin and forgave you a long time ago everything you've done or were yet to do to her... At least she didn't call you and woke you up to the news that she was getting married to the latest incarnation of "this year's love" because you couldn't make up your mind and were too busy with your work and your career. Yeah. That happened to me. F*ck coffee after that... I went out and ran 10 miles in record time just because I was so pissed...
Then again, one man's shitty day, is another's shittier day.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Ren said...

I used to be called Lab Boy. After this morning, that name means nothing to me anymore... I have turned to the Dark Side.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Damn, I hate to hear that DP. I know what it is like to be devoid of hope due to love being suddenly removed. I can only say, it will get better and you will realize it wasn't meant to be.

If you feel like she is the only one for you, she isn't married yet, if you have something to tell her don't wait until it is too late.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

I know it, Pammy.

6:11 PM  
Blogger jazz said...

can i ask, and maybe you can't say, but what about them loading bags into the car or eating lunch is photo-worthy? aren't you hired to catch them in a bad act? since i'm a novice stalker, i have much to learn obi-wan. feel free to e-mail over any super secret info... ;)

8:15 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Poor Larry. You know, if today was that craptastic, tomorrow can only be an upward climb.

I'll cross my fingers that you have a better day tomorrow. And if not, I'll buy you a drink to make up for it the next time I'm in the Lou.

8:16 PM  
Blogger D said...

I had the same experience at the gas station today. I had to spend my lunch break driving back home, obeying the speed limit (which sucked) to get my wallet. However, the rest of the day wasn't so bad.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Jazz: It depends on the severity of their injury and their restrictions. However, we document everything they do and hope for the best. Most days it is a waste of time. But, when it's not, the insurance companies make up the money they throw at us many times over.

Jess: At least I got activity, which has not been the norm this summer. I will take you up on that drink.

ltlme: Unfortunately, I had to break quite a few traffic laws in order to follow this person and stay far enough back to not be noticed by them. I just prayed for no cops.

Joe: It still has to be voted on by the players next week. The inside word is that they are going to vote it in and there is going to be hockey. It is not official yet.

Lost: I have a steering wheel. It is not disappointed or negelected when I don't go to work. And as for going home and going to sleep, I just got home, it is 1:20a and I have to be up in 4 hrs. Hopefully, tomorrow is better.

11:22 PM  
Blogger -G.D. said...

Tomorrow, tomorrow...is only a day away!

12:25 AM  
Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

Sorry your day was so bad, Larry. I'm sure that today will be better. (At least today I know you'll make damn sure you've got your wallet!)

And if not, there's always hockey.

I think this has been a bad week all around. I can't wait for this weekend. Man...

7:37 AM  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Ew sorry you had such a shitty day! I hope today is better!

8:33 AM  
Blogger Erika said...

You should have come to Hooters with Mandi and me. I invited you and all, just to cheer you up.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

Sorry your day was so crappy, Larry.

At least today you'll get to work close to home, and you have hockey to look forward to.

8:50 AM  
Blogger -G.D. said...

OK...today IS tomorrow. Any luck? Or was orphan Annie just full of shit.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

Steph, at least i didn't have to drive a courtesy clown car. It was just a lot of little things in one day.

Dani, it was/is.

Erika, i would have loved to go, but that drive, to eat hooters for a second day in a row...

Callie, it has worked out perfectly so far.

GD, orphan annie was full of shit but today has been okay.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

Married, NASCAR will do that to you.

Jen, a little smaltz is go for everyone.

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home