Friday, July 08, 2005

Another Long Weekend

I don't mean another weekend of the 3-days-off variety, either. When I was out at the Wednesday ritual that has been come to be known as Happy Wednesday I was informed that there was going to be a roller hockey tournament fund raiser for a friend's travel team on Saturday. I haven't played any organized roller hockey in getting close to 3 years(for those of you that read me regular and actually make a habit of remembering things, you know I have only played twice in that time and that has been over the past month or so) and have been looking for a chance to do so...

I called my boss yesterday and told him I was going to need Sunday off. His response, "That's not going to be possible". Why? Because we are understaffed and one guy already has the weekend off. I know I bitch about working to much, but, damn, I took yesterday off as a personal day. If I hadn't I probably wouldn't have had a day off until next weekend when I am off for a much needed night of booze(may not partake, as I am not much of a drinker) and boobies(hopefully, we can avoid strippers of the Predator and West Virginia variety) for a friend's bachelor party.

...Back to this weekend. I am still going to be attending the tournament but I have to work all night tonight and all day on Saturday and Sunday. I hope my claimant(that's right I own the guy) goes to the thing he is "supposed" to be attending over the next 3 days cuz, it is at the same place as my tournament(what are the odds he will go) and I could play into the we hours of the morning and just sleep in my van waiting for him to return on Sunday morning. Here's to hoping.

Y'all have a great weekend. You will see me pop up tonight when I get home, to comment. But, I won't be arround for the rest of the weekend unless things go bad on the case and I get to come home early.

17 Comments:

Blogger Danikabur said...

Good luck and hope you have a good weekend despite working.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

Hope your claimant does that thing that he's supposed to do so that you can do the thing you do, too.

Try to have a good weekend at any rate.

:o)

11:19 AM  
Blogger Alex said...

Except for the over worked part it all sounds so fascinating I wish you could go into detail about your claimant. "Roller Hockey PI Guy" should be on a t-shirt.

11:41 AM  
Blogger D said...

Poor guy. I'll tell you a story about why I'm not fully looking to the weekend once a situation has been dealt with.

However, I have something to look forward to: I'm leaving for Ireland next week. It'll be my first trip across the pond. This could be a new thing for me; instead of escaping north, to truly get away from everyone and everything, head for Europe.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Ren said...

I wish I could get away from it ALL... Go to a foreign country, like Texas. Instead, I'm stuck in PA for the duration... Woe is me, Larry Damnit!

6:24 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Dani: thanks. I'm sure I will sleep all day monday but I will have fun this weekend. And there is always next weekend.

P-shag: Even if he doesn't I am going to.

Alex: I wish I could give more details sometimes too, but, it is the nature of the beast that I cannot. And you could simplify it to hockey cuz I play both ice and roller.

ltlme: I hope the situation you speak of works out for the better. I have yet to leave the country. one of these days...

LB: What part of PA? I see MD in your profile. Are you central over by gettysburg or by south philly/delaware county area?

6:50 PM  
Blogger D said...

hey, I forgot to tell you tori tickets went on sale today......I'm a happy camper about that. :-) Imogen Heap is opening for her. (if you haven't heard of Imogen, check her out...she's got a wonderful voice.)
So, don't get me wrong, I'm not a complete Eeyore this evening.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

I'll be joining you in the "working" world on Sunday. Okay, fine, I'm only interning. But I'm spending a full day with a bunch of Greek students at a retreat, so you can imagine how much fun I'm going to have over the course of six or eight hours.

Maybe they'll bring their beer bongs and....

Regardless, you have a good weekend. And get some sleep! I won't stand for your exhausting yourself.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

ltlme: I haven't heard if she is coming to st. louis or not. I will have to look into it.

Jess: Greek students? from greece or classics students learning greek. if it is the latter and you are in KC my brother probably knows them.

I will be exhausting myself, there is no way around it. I have a feeling after I wake up tomorrow morning I will not be sleeping until sunday night. Maybe a catnap in between games but that will be it.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Callie said...

Larry - must be nice to be young enough to do all of that on little or no sleep. I'd be a walking zombie.

Still - I hope you have LOTS AND LOTS of fun, and don't run into your claimant and play hockey like you want to, and (just for me this time) get completely blitzed and let loose.

You deserve it. Just remember to take some ibuprofen before you pass out, and drink lots and lots of water, too.

Toodles!

10:00 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

C, i'm thinking about drinkin but I enjoy myself either way and it is so fun messing with the drunk people.

10:18 PM  
Blogger duff said...

there was a story in today's paper about a couple who hired a stripper for their son's 16th birthday party.

man, i don't think i was even allowed to have a party for my sixteenth birthday.

6:15 AM  
Blogger -G.D. said...

Good luck. Have a great one!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Yop exhausted,but, I am still wound up so I can't sleep yet.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Ren said...

I'm in Waynesboro (not to be confused with Wayne's World), PA, on the Mason-Dixon line, about 15 minutes, by car, west of Gettysburg. Does that help?

9:27 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Yep. Just curious cuz I used to reside outside Philly for a bit.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

Duff: Don't worry I ordered a stripper for your birthday next weekend. Enjoy work. ;)

GD: Luck didn't quite work out, but it was a great one either way.

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home