Monday, December 12, 2005

DAY 1 Saturday, December 3: Throw Brotha From the Porch

I woke up at 5am on Saturday to catch my flight to L.A. I had a layover and connection in Phoenix. While I was deplaning in Phoenix, I recognized one of my old lead men from when I worked at a factory about 4 years ago. He and his wife had been on the flight and were also connecting to L.A. on the same flight, so we sat down and caught up while he had a few drinks and I ate lunch.

When we arrived in L.A. we exchanged pleasantries and went our separate ways. I spent my first afternoon in Orange County, south of Laguna Beach, sitting about 30 yards east of the Pacific Coast Highway (PCH).


This was just up the hill from where I had to sit in OC.

When I finally got off work, drove the hour to my brother’s apartment and got cleaned up, my brother (B), his girlfriend (M) and her little sister (J), and I all went out to Santa Monica, walked around and had dinner and a few drinks. After dinner, we stopped by the local liquor store, picked up some Captain and some Gin and went back to the apartment to finish the job we started at dinner.

Several hours later, we were all a very, very drunk (there are some really funny and embarrassing pictures on the web to prove it, however, only the privileged few of you will get the link). M set the record for pictures taken with her tongue in them, taking 10 in a row, using my camera (I found out when I uploaded my pictures to my computer the other day). There is a bit of video of me trying to throw B off the second story balcony. Funny, how his girlfriend took video instead of trying to stop me. I can't even remember why I did it. One thing I found out, is that it is impossible to watch Ricky Gervais perform stand up while I am drunk. Also, if you wait long enough, the other drunk will forget about not wanting to let you wear sunglasses and set them down, where it is easy for you to get at them.



I love these glasses.

After making a few late night phone calls to wake up The Steph and tell her how drunk we were the others started falling out. J fell out first, M was not far behind, and with M went B, leaving me drunkenly “watching” TV and passing out on the couch. M and B retired at about 2:30am PST and I was not far behind.

7 Comments:

Blogger Erika said...

Ooo, ooooooo, I wanna see. Who do I have to bribe to get access.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

You look like some kind of cross between Liza Minelli and Elton John.

Very strange. But kinda cute, too.

Welcome home, we missed you.

I wanna see the pictures!!!!!

7:20 PM  
Blogger Callie said...

Why does it look like your goatee is sparkling???

11:04 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

shhh Callie, it's the body glitter

11:38 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

Well, since I don't want kids right now, I won't ask for anyones' firstborn. But, I think these pics and the video are rather embarrassing, so, I haven't figured out an asking price yet.

As for the sparkle, I have no idea. Maybe the flash brings out the gray hair. Normally, my goatee is very red. Which is funny, because I don't have red hair.

2:09 PM  
Blogger tiffkindred said...

Love the pics!! Ox...t

8:29 PM  
Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

Larry, I think you should blog your beard growth and show everyone just how scary it is when it grows in.

Seriously, y'all. The last time he grew one, he freaked out me and all of our friends. We begged him to shave it off. It's weird to see him with a shaved head, blue eyes, and a bright-fucking-red beard. Really weird. Gives me the creeps...

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home