Sunday, November 06, 2005

Keeping the Streak Alive

No this is not about Ray Stevens.

My beloved Blues can't seem to win a game. This weekend I managed to make it out to both contests and watch them lose large to Edmonton(at least someone got some enjoyment out of this one) 7-2 and again to the Red Wings 4-1. I do live by the philosophy that "Bad hockey is better than no hockey at all." But, I never thought I would have to watch it play out with my team(who as of right now have made the playoffs 25 consecutive years, although, barring a miracle that streak will probably end this year). I can't say we won't make the playoffs this year, but, this is the worst hockey I have seen played in St. Louis since I started watching hockey in 1990. I think tonight was their 8th loss in a row.

In other news, I have managed to have a good week. I turned 28 on Tuesday(thanks for the wishes everyone) and managed to go out Tuesday evening and get a bit sauced(thanks to the Steph for being my DD for a change). Add to that a decently productive week at work and the 2 Blues games(like I stated "Bad hockey..."), and it was a great week indeed.

Today, I also started looking at skis and other gear that I need to complete my collection of nessessary equipment for my trip in January. As of right now I only own ski pants, a ski coat, gloves(which I will replace this year) and ski boots. So, I have a large list of equipment to buy yet, including; skis, bindings, poles, goggles, a helmet, a boot bag, and gloves. Thankfully, I took the cheap route when it came to reserving my room for the week by sharing a condo with the family instead of getting a seperate room(although, if things go as I am hoping, this may not have been the wisest plan ever-I don't think I have posted about how I fucked up last year and I may just keep that embarassment to myself). Anyway, as you may be able to tell, January cannot get here fast enough. I need a vacation.

I hope you all had a great weekend.

15 Comments:

Blogger Danikabur said...

I enjoyed the win.... but was sad for you that it meant your team continued its losing streak. I must be honest I figured the Blues would win since the Oilers seem to streak breakers. If a teams goalie is sucking.. play the Oilers and the sucking will be ended. If your team can't find the back of the net.. play the Oilers and suddenly they can't stop finding the back of the net. Thankfully nothing like that happened on friday. :P

First snowfall tonight.. skiing is right around the corner here.

10:55 PM  
Blogger -G.D. said...

Yey! for fun in the snowwwwww!

6:36 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

Dani, throw a snowball for me. Here in St. Louis we may see snow next week or it may not happen until February. Ya never know in this city.

Joe, when you started rooting for the Oilers I knew we were in trouble.

G, amen, I love winter. People say spring is for new beginnings, but nothing seems as fresh and clean as a new blanket of snow, to me.

LNF, have you been to a game yet? I have been to 4 and the only one I didn't move down into a great seat during was the home openner. Last night there were as many detroit fans as blues fans there. The "Let's go Red Wings" chant was a bit disheartening.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Kay Ray said...

Sorry to hear about your team not winning.

Happy Birthday!!!

WOW I can't believe your trip is coming up so fast. I am jealous!!!

10:43 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

So we all know that I don't watch hockey. However, I feel bad for the Blues. They do get the shaft, StL being as big a baseball city as it is. And, seeing as I still have hometown love, I hate to hear about an StL team losing. So, I feel your pain.

HAPPY BELATED (Beyond all belief) BIRTHDAY!

And, I too need a vacation. So here's to hoping that yours gets here soon enough!

11:30 AM  
Blogger duff said...

i am so tempted to put up the lyrics to "the streak" right now, since it's running through my head.........

(no pun intended- really)

so tempted.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Mossy Stone said...

As much as I like Patrick Lalime, I'm less and less enamoured with him as a starting goalie. The bluenotes will be in rough shape with him in goal and missing Pronger, Mac, Demitra and Khavanov, to name a few. Welcome to the world of the Leafs fan. After 38 years, you start getting used to disappointment. :P

6:40 AM  
Blogger Ren said...

I'm more into soccer, myself... But I completely understand your distress over a team's winning record, or lack thereof.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

OHMYGOD, Larry.

In the name of all that's holy...

POST, will ya?!?

:oP

I miss you, damn it!

4:40 PM  
Blogger -G.D. said...

the snow is lookin' awesome! just got back from the mountains. They closed the major ways tonight...it's snowing that much up there. ;-)

8:03 PM  
Blogger Mossy Stone said...

Yeah....what my wife said. BLOG, man....BLOG!!!

8:07 AM  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Laaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrryyyyyyyy!!!! Where are you??????

11:29 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

Wait! Dani, I've got it. Let's take our clothes off and hop in the shower. Larry's fantasy radar will go off and he'll reappear!

4:18 PM  
Blogger duff said...

that's it- clearly the only solution is for someone to show larry their boobs.

11:00 AM  
Blogger something said...

Hey you don't have to worry too much about your Blues - they play my Blue Jackets 6 more times.

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home