Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Charity (Just Plain Selfish)

Today, I did something nice for others(myself). The NHL took everyone's jersey from the first period of their team's home opener and auctioned them off for Katrina Relief. Since I am changing jobs and cannot go to L.A. like I had planned, I decided to take that money and give it to charity(buy a jersey). I looked at the available Blues jerseys and, lo and behold, one of my favorites was there for a price I was willing to pay(unlike Sidney Crosby's, of the Penguins, whose jersey was at $20,000 and climbing at last check). I was notified at 6pm this evening that I was allowed to donate a decent sum to charity(won the jersey) and that it will be shipped by the 9th.



Jamal "Jama-lama-ding-dong" Mayers

Most people refer to him as Jammer but the Steph can't help but call him Jama-lama-ding-dong(she has been doing this for years, well before Joe Buck's comercial) and it has stuck with me. The league could use more players like this guy.

8 Comments:

Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

Congrats on the jersey, bro. I can't wait to steal it. Uh, I mean SEE it. Yeah, that's the ticket...

Mayers kicks ass. Scary eyebrows and all. Gotta love that. :)

(And he's a nice guy. I met him at a Blues banquet a few years ago - he was funny.)

9:11 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

wooohooo, congrats!

6:37 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

OH, HOLY FUCK! I forgot my curse.

4:26 PM  
Blogger Ren said...

So you helped others AND yourself? What a concept!

9:55 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

Kewl!

Granted, I have no freaking clue who the guy is. But hey - as long as you dig it - that's great.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Yay. You win!

And so do those displaced by the hurricane.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Mossy Stone said...

I figured you'd be bidding on Mike Danton's jersey. ;-) I guess it wasn't up for auction?

8:23 AM  
Blogger Captain Icehole said...

Ha! Danton!!! Someone was actually auctioning off a pair of his skates on Ebay not long ago!

BTW, for those of you who know that story, where I work and who worked for me, Katie is now back at the mall working at Carter's!!

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home