Wednesday, December 14, 2005

DAY 4 Tuesday, December 6: “You are the manure pile spread over the lawn that is my life.”

As with every day, so far, I got up and went to work. Back down to Orange County. I only had to put in four hours and got off in time to head back to my brother’s apartment before heading to the airport to catch my flight to San Fran in the afternoon.

B had to be at school at 12:30p to put the finishing touches on his presentation. So, I took him to the UCLA campus a few miles away and dropped him off. On my way to the airport I stopped off at the Secret Stash and picked up autographed copies of Mallrats and Dogma. Then, I drove into Hollywood again becuse I didn't have a picture of the sign.


This one isnt so good, but, wait for the San Fran pics. They turned out great.

When I got to the airport I managed to catch a flight about 2 ½ hours earlier than I was scheduled for and ended up in San Jose just in time to catch rush hour traffic all the way to my friend’s apartment in the middle of downtown San Fran. On the drive up the 101 my brother called while he was walking back to his apartment from his bus stop. This walk brings him right by the manure-covered yard. Over the few days between the first time we passed that yard and this call, I had managed to be on the phone with B every time he walked past “the yard”. He said to me, “Larry, you are the manure pile, spread over the lawn that is my life.”

I got to San Fran after a few hours of moving at 10 miles an hour on the freeway. There is nothing quite like driving around the bend in US 101 and catching that first glimpse of the San Francisco skyline at night. My friend M, his sister C and I went out to dinner. After dinner, we returned to the apartment and retired for the evening.

8 Comments:

Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

"APPLE DOWN!!! APPLE DOWN!!!"

Heh. :)

Hope your first day went well, bro. I totally forgot to call you...

7:57 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

It went very well, until the trip home. When I proceeded to rip about half of my front bumper cover off on the rear tire of some lady's SUV.

12:01 AM  
Blogger Callie said...

Ouch. Not good, Larry.

But yeah - SF driving sucks. Even during NON commute times.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

Wait, you ripped the bumper cover off of your work truck on some lady's TIRE??

10:29 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

Not my work truck. My car.

5:01 PM  
Blogger D said...

wow 10 miles an hour? that's like 5 more than dc traffic.

8:52 PM  
Blogger tiffkindred said...

hope you have a wonderful start to your weekend! I miss Cali!! can't wait to see more pics! Ox...t

11:34 PM  
Blogger Kay Ray said...

I;ve never been over there.. so jealous!!

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home