Tuesday, December 13, 2005

DAY 2 Sunday, December 4: Diet Coke and The "Veggie" Burger

My alarm went off at about 6am leaving me still slightly drunk and having to try to get up and get to work. I made it out the door about an hour later after I started to feel sober and the world stopped spinning. I headed back down to Orange County to wait out my hangover and my claimant. While sitting in my surveillance position, I saw 3 seperate Lamborghinis, one of which was driven by a kid no older than 20. There is too much money down there.

After putting in my time, I returned to my brother’s apartment, via the PCH. The drive was beautiful until I got to Long Beach, where things started to look seedy as the road headed away from the ocean and into L.A. Upon my return, I found M and J still in bed and B trying to wrap up a big presentation he had to give to one of his classes on Tuesday.

A few hours later, J got up and came downstairs. Turns out she was feeling fine and had been up a bit earlier to post her set of pics online (that would be the aforementioned link). I let her look through the pics on my camera while I tried to catch up on my paperwork. M was up every so often puking. She did this until about 6pm., when she finally got up and sat around, still very hung over.

B, J, and I went out to dinner. At this point, I should mention that I was the only meat eater in the bunch. We walked a few blocks to a nice restaurant called Earth, Wind and Flour. I felt kinda like my old pet gerbil. There was wood shavings spread all over the floor of the establishment.

When the waiter came to take our order, he screwed up my soda, and gave me a diet instead of a regular Coke. I drink diet half the time anyway, so, I wasn’t too bothered. J ordered a veggie burger and B ordered a pizza. When J got her burger, it didn’t seem right. Being the only meat eater I tried a bite and told her it wasn’t a hamburger, but could possibly be a turkey burger. However, I had never had a turkey burger or a veggie burger, so I couldn’t be sure. My brother said it looked like a veggie burger he had received at one point and thought it must just be a different brand. After, screwing with J, telling her that the waiter got my drink order right, so she shouldn’t worry, she wasn’t feeling any better about it, but, ended up eating about half of it anyway.

When the check arrived, we found out it was a turkey burger, at which point I felt like an ass for all the comments I had been making and she and my brother were both a little upset to there stomachs at the thought of it.

On the walk home, we passed a yard that had just been fertilized with manure. Again, J and B started getting a bit nauseated. We returned home and relaxed the rest of the night.

1 Comments:

Blogger tiffkindred said...

Hope tomorrow treats you all much better! Take care and Smile! Ox...t

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home