Thursday, April 20, 2006

Murphy Brown, Is That You?

I have been a little bit under the weather the last few days. Last night, I used some NyQuil to knock myself out. I never use NyQuil, unless I know I can sleep all day. I woke up at about 8:45 a.m. and remember a few tidbits from a dream I must have been in the process of having. To set up the scene, I was in a very exclusive, imaginary restaurant, located near the ferry terminal on Staten Island. I don't know what I was doing there, or who I was with. All I remember is getting up to walk outside. As I reached for the door I hear a crash, look back and see Candice Bergen, yelling at a waiter, that I can only assume, has slipped and dropped all her food. What she was yelling, is the good part. Face glowing red with anger, she screamed, "I smoked a water pipe for you!". I turned around and walked out before things got scary, as I assumed they would. Looking out over the ocean, I see Manhattan in the distance. The weird part is that Alcatraz is situated near the shore.

That's all I got out of the dream. Interpret away folks. I really would like to know what is wrong with me, someday.

8 Comments:

Blogger Dirty Gypsy said...

Here's my guess:

Restaurant: You went to bed hungry.
Ferry Terminal: Fairy Terminal. What's wrong with you??
Candice Bergen: You desperately need a new, younger woman to fantasize about, dude.
"Smoked a water pipe": You're worried about your failures as a drain tech. (And you thought I was going to say something else?)
Alcatraz: Well, I have a guess, but I'm not gonna come right out and say it. Let's just say it rhymes with "bass-taping", and leave it at that.

Good luck, brother. Maybe you should lay off the NyQuil. :)

Seriously, though, I hope you feel better.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Mossy Stone said...

Steph, Steph, Steph *tsk, tsk*...you've got it all wrong...

Restaurant: You have a pervasive hunger
Ferry Terminal: You desperately need to "dock" with something wet.
Candace Bergen: She represents the best you feel you can do at this stage.
Smoking the Water Pipe: Seems pretty obvious to me.
Manhattan: The nookie that never sleeps
Alcatraz: that's a toss-up. Its either the prison of your soul, surrounded by the cold waters, strong currents and sharks representing your...

...or, I could be so full of shit that my eyes are brown.

Just stop eating cheese before bed.

At least you're not dreaming about standing on a stage where naked women are throwing pickles at you...("why am I the only one who has that dream?")

8:28 AM  
Blogger Larry said...

slightly skewed reference to Real Genius, but, I'll give you points.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Mossy Stone said...

That was Van Wilder there, Ace...

12:21 PM  
Blogger duff said...

could be worse- i had a dream last night involving a rather undesirable coworker walking around in nothing but a banana hammock,....and for some strange and horrible reason, i was actually trying to seduce him.

must've been something i ate.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Larry said...

A banana?

12:36 PM  
Blogger Danikabur said...

Over a month since your last update. I am not pleased.

1:07 PM  
Blogger tiffkindred said...

Larrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy??? Are you in there?

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home